FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:03 pm

ATTENTION SILVER SEVEN OWNERS!!!!

<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri May 13, 2011 9:28 pm

ATTENTION SILVER SEVEN OWNERS!!!!

I spoke with Bob Carver via Ebay about the possiblity of upgrading original Silver Sevens into the new Silver Seven 900 which are up for auction right now on Ebay. He said he could but because the originall Silver Sevens have five less power tubes the power output would be in the 700-750 watt range.We didn't discuss cost. Any Silver Seven owners interested contact Mr. Carver. 8)
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri May 13, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: ATTENTION SILVER SEVEN OWNERS!!!!

IMO, there's nothing wrong with the originals that would even remotely warrant the idea.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Fri May 13, 2011 11:13 pm

I like them just the way they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat May 14, 2011 7:42 am

I just don't understand the need for all that power, even with the Amazing's.
<<

kingman

Post Sat May 14, 2011 7:43 am

Well DOOKIE!!!! :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Sat May 14, 2011 8:57 am

the only upgrading the original Silver Sevens may need is a restoration. Any "upgrade" would destroy the original.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sat May 14, 2011 11:08 am

Like the new avatar, Rick!
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Mr. M-500t

Post Sat May 14, 2011 11:30 am

BillD wrote:Like the new avatar, Rick!

Thanks BillD.
A really nice guy did a great job on them. I found the perfect paint for the C-1 knobs too ! It looks really nice now with all the cig smoke off and freshly painted knobs and it (they) sounds wonderful. That guy did a hell of a job on the phono section and the blue led is to die for ! =D> =D> =D>
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sat May 14, 2011 12:33 pm

It's funny, those blue pilot lamps don't show blue in photos, but the meter lamps always do. I think it has to do with direct versus reflected light.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed May 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Snoop65 wrote:I spoke with Bob Carver via Ebay about the possiblity of upgrading original Silver Sevens into the new Silver Seven 900 which are up for auction right now on Ebay. He said he could but because the originall Silver Sevens have five less power tubes the power output would be in the 700-750 watt range.We didn't discuss cost. Any Silver Seven owners interested contact Mr. Carver. 8)

That is encouraging! I can maybe afford the upgrade....now just need to figure out how to come up with 20K plus to buy the amps! [-o< [-o< :D
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed May 18, 2011 8:32 pm

Chauss wrote:
Snoop65 wrote:I spoke with Bob Carver via Ebay about the possiblity of upgrading original Silver Sevens into the new Silver Seven 900 which are up for auction right now on Ebay. He said he could but because the originall Silver Sevens have five less power tubes the power output would be in the 700-750 watt range.We didn't discuss cost. Any Silver Seven owners interested contact Mr. Carver. 8)

That is encouraging! I can maybe afford the upgrade....now just need to figure out how to come up with 20K plus to buy the amps! [-o< [-o< :D

X -> 2 :lol: :lol:
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu May 19, 2011 6:58 am

Well, we have 5 sets, so if and when you DO come up with the $$$ just give us a call, we'll be glad to take it off your hands :lol:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Return to Carver Home (Audio)