FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:05 pm

Amplifier stands.....

<<

HRDROKN

TFM-45

Post Sun May 22, 2011 2:32 pm

Amplifier stands.....

Anyone have a source for amp stands or something that you did yourself that you would share? With a pair of Silver 7T's coming its time to park those bad boys next to my Klipsch! I was thinking maybe along the lines of some maple blocks, but maybe that doesn't go with all my black gear.... so lets see some ideas!

=P~
HRDROKN
MC-7P tube preanp, BBE2002R, Marchand XM44, TFM-35x .002, TFM-35x, M1.0t MKII .002, M500t, Silver 7t's, SDA-360 and Klipsch KLF-30's w/crites crossovers...
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Sun May 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Re: Amplifier stands.....

Granite slabs, black in color would look awesome withe the Silver 7t's on them 8) :D
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Sun May 22, 2011 6:18 pm

here is the start of my amp table...
went to lowes looking for material to make a table, I let my daughter pick the color, she found some pinkish white polished granite, and for the edge we picked a 12x12 sheet of small glass squares, she picked a platinum color.....had to order this.
going to use mdf for the body of the table, next week I will cut some legs out of stainless, then over the weekend we will put this together....
trying to get my kid into audio.....
I have a ton of extra stuff to set her up with a system that will kick ass, plus it will drive her mother nuts.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

HRDROKN

TFM-45

Post Sun May 22, 2011 9:55 pm

mbskeam wrote:here is the start of my amp table...
went to lowes looking for material to make a table, I let my daughter pick the color, she found some pinkish white polished granite, and for the edge we picked a 12x12 sheet of small glass squares, she picked a platinum color.....had to order this.
going to use mdf for the body of the table, next week I will cut some legs out of stainless, then over the weekend we will put this together....
trying to get my kid into audio.....
I have a ton of extra stuff to set her up with a system that will kick ass, plus it will drive her mother nuts.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice.... thanks for sharing that idea! I would certainly like to see the finished product.

And whenever we can pass on our love of music and the equipment that drives it.... well it just seems like the right thing to do!!!

:)
HRDROKN
MC-7P tube preanp, BBE2002R, Marchand XM44, TFM-35x .002, TFM-35x, M1.0t MKII .002, M500t, Silver 7t's, SDA-360 and Klipsch KLF-30's w/crites crossovers...
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Mon May 23, 2011 8:52 pm

Here are my amps on the stands I'll be using! these are Billy Bag stands!
Attachments
IMG_1462.JPG
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon May 23, 2011 8:55 pm

Both look excellent!!! =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Mon May 23, 2011 9:10 pm

AVRisers is going to have to get into amp stands. I can do a better job than BBs ! No offense Eddie but those things need some end caps on those tubes ! :-"
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon May 23, 2011 9:30 pm

What amp stands??? All I see are 2 beautiful mono tube amps.....giant killers! 8)
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Mon May 23, 2011 9:51 pm

Chauss wrote:What amp stands??? All I see are 2 beautiful mono tube amps.....giant killers! 8)

Exactly Chauss and the amp stands should be of the same finish and stature to compliment them !
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Tue May 24, 2011 1:16 am

Don`t pay them any nevermind Eddie the cracked glass looks great!!!!! Some people wouldn`t know quality if it bit them in the ass.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue May 24, 2011 2:16 am

Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue May 24, 2011 3:46 pm

those are sweet...but a little pricey! $700 / pair = YIKES!
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue May 24, 2011 4:35 pm

I take it that you are not aware of the cost of the above amps.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Tue May 24, 2011 4:59 pm

I know some people that would put them on an wooden orange crate and think that was just fine.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Tue May 24, 2011 7:06 pm

DaveS wrote:Don`t pay them any nevermind Eddie the cracked glass looks great!!!!! Some people wouldn`t know quality if it bit them in the ass.

Dave those are not cracked glass! May look like it from that angle and I do need to find some covers for those tubes just have not gotten to it yet!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
Next

Return to Carver Home (Audio)