It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:44 pm

What would your dream system be?

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:35 am

That's freakin' NICE!

That's one HELL of a nice TT, Bill. I'm surprised it doesn't allow for any kind of TT clamp. An outer ring, maybe but....

It's rare that I see a perfectly flat LP and my clamp does wonders to the sound. I wonder why they would do that.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:41 am

Re: What would your dream system be?

There might be enough clearance.

It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:46 am

Wow, Bill! I did not realize that there was that much room under there. My clamp wouldn't fit but I do see now that they have allowed for a clamp. I suuuuuuure would love to hear one of those in action!

[EDIT:] Actually, looking back at the other photo it does look like it will fit any style clamp. See the photo below. It looks like it allows more room for a taller and possibly wider clamp in the down position...or maybe not...

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

ekog

TFM-6cb

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: What would your dream system be?

BillD wrote:There might be enough clearance.

In this picture it looks like its missing the platter that goes under the record itself is that interchangeable? :-k
Main System Setup:
Pre: Carver C2 | Amp: Carver M-500t|Equilizer: Sansui SE99|Speakers: Polk SDA2’s
Source: Tuner: Carver TX-2| Phono: Technics SL-1210 MkII with a Ortofon VMS 20E Mk II| DirecTV DVR | Pioneer HLD-X9 Laserdisc player | Samsung DVD/VHS player

Second System Setup:
Receiver: Yamaha RXV867| Fronts: Klipsch F-30's |Sub: Klipsch SW-112
Source: Radio |Internet/Network | Sony CDP-70 CD player
Previous

Return to Carver Home (Audio)