It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:02 pm

Un frigin believable!

<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: Un frigin believable!

HRDROKN wrote:So the only real problem is that it looks like my M1.0 MKII .002 took a dump! Hardly ever even used that damn amp!

I feel better!

:)

Well, if Rich did it, it's warranted for life (his).
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:43 pm

Unfortunately, we learn by doing.

kinda like spending a while checking things out, trying to find out why your new amps dont make any sound.....

oh yeah, who turned down the volume knobs on the amps..... :-" :-" :-"
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

BillD

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:51 pm

I don't know how many times I've had an "Oh Shit" moment when working on some piece of equipment only to find that I'd turned something on or off that needed to be the other way. The external processor (or tape monitor) switch is often the culprit.

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:13 pm

My favorite is crosstalk when SH is engaged. That is the balance control doesn't seem to work properly.

If you turn it to all left there is still some right sound. This drove me crazy one afternoon until I finally realized the SH was doing it.

Then you feel relieved.......and stupid !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:16 pm

My favorite is crosstalk when SH is engaged. That is the balance control doesn't seem to work properly.

If you turn it to all left there is still some right sound. This drove me crazy one afternoon until I finally realized the SH was doing it.

Then you feel relieved.......and stupid !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you too......???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:15 pm

I had the same issue one time when I had my CT-28V hooked up, hardly no sound was coming out but I could hear it > a little. I started checking cables and when I touched the output cable from the Pre to the amp the sound came on! WTF! Pulled that unit out and found a cracked output terminal > That is when I purchased the TGP-III :D
<<

HRDROKN

TFM-45

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:58 pm

BillD wrote:
HRDROKN wrote:So the only real problem is that it looks like my M1.0 MKII .002 took a dump! Hardly ever even used that damn amp!

I feel better!

:)

Well, if Rich did it, it's warranted for life (his).

Yes, I'll get with Rich on this... it has a loud buzz, then slowly tapers off to near quiet, then the transformer pops (more like clunks) and starts the cycle again.
HRDROKN
MC-7P tube preanp, BBE2002R, Marchand XM44, TFM-35x .002, TFM-35x, M1.0t MKII .002, M500t, Silver 7t's, SDA-360 and Klipsch KLF-30's w/crites crossovers...
<<

BillD

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:00 pm

They just Break!

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:01 pm

BillD wrote:They just Break!

PLEASE don't go there! :lol: #-o
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:04 pm

-Or the transformer is being over drawn upon BillD ! That's always been my concern with those mods on a 25/30 year old transformer that can't be replaced !
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:30 pm

[/quote]

Now you need to figure out WHY. Did the pre just go bad or did something else cause it? I would not add anything back into the loop until all checked out ....bummer dude![/quote]

SHIT! Just realized when I was in the shower (not that you all needed to know that) I disconected the BBE out of the tape loop! So when I put the CT28 back in I should of run the jumpers!!! ](*,)

So the only real problem is that it looks like my M1.0 MKII .002 took a dump! Hardly ever even used that damn amp!

I feel better!

:)[/quote]

Glad you figured it out HRDRCKN! Hopefully it can be put back as new!
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:52 am

#1 issue for those with jumpers while swapping gear.

HRDROKN wrote: I disconnected the BBE out of the tape loop! So when I put the CT28 back in I should of run the jumpers!!!
Hehe....I'd bet THAT won't ever happen again!

The MKII should [if memory serves] have a warranty from Rich, so you are only out shipping. Just tell him what happened and he should take care of it for you.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:57 am

"Or the transformer is being over drawn upon BillD"

Yes; keep your transformers OFF of BillD! This will break them everytime! :lol: :lol:
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:58 pm

elgrau wrote:"Or the transformer is being over drawn upon............................. BillD"

Yes; keep your transformers OFF of BillD! This will break them everytime! :lol: :lol:

OH Shut Up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:11 pm

"Or the transformer is being over drawn upon............................. BillD"

a comma works too, Mr. 500:
"Or the transformer is being over drawn upon, BillD"

:lol: :lol:
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Home (Audio)