<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:32 am

Re: Need low-budget power amp for AL-III Plus's

OconeeOrange wrote:
angelod307 wrote:
mbskeam wrote:you can never have to much power...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that's what i always believed....thanks again mike for the time spent checking out my amp. kudo's to you,

Can I qualify that?
Being really lazy yesterday as I experimented with some of my junk, failed to turn everything off and down.

One of my woofers went inside out. ](*,)

Sometimes you can have too much. :lol: :lol:

sounds like you did not have enough woofer to me, as the power was ample enough to eat up the weak and desolate woofers.....
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:09 pm

SO...update, kirsten?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:51 am

kirstenj wrote:
It would be great for all here if you would be a real member and post your thoughts also on other threads. So far, you have not done that.

I would like to "pay back" and have enjoyed the conversation and advice a lot, so anticipate checking in as I can. My #1 priority however, is my daughter. As it is, I feel a little guilty for the vast amount of time I spent on the computer researching this and other needs surrounding the home theater and music listening. I will also be wiring up the satelite speakers and running the ethernet myself after all, due to the bid being out of our budget.

For all, I have bought Angelo's Sunfire ($ in the mail) and am happy with the decision. :-)

Peace,
Kirsten

so the money never showed up, she said she used a money source that made out a check, i said cancel it as it never reach me, she was gonna send it again i think, but that never happened either. i guess something came up, or she got cold feet. either way, some guy around here that trolls from time to time , you fucking fuck, bought all three extra's that i had. the first one i sent had had an issue that slipped my mind, second was ok, maybe a hum at worst, so i was gonna take it back at the next fest, but i did offer him what i got from the guy i bought it from and it was accepted only to send the third one out and have it damaged as the transformer came loose during shipping. i must have used a mile of bubble wrap on the last amp as the outer case/cover/shell was one of the best in the four that i owned at the time. i wonder what ever happened....... :-s :?
<<

kirstenj

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:37 pm

Old thread, but thought I'd drop a note anyway. The money order was sent, but I assume it was lost due to the tropical storm that occurred right at that time in Angelo's neck of the woods. So, yes, I canceled it after 10 days, and subsequently didget cold feet due to learning Mercury was retrograde (astrology buffs will know this is a very bad time for making large purchases, anything to do with electronics, as well as transactions.) I'm glad I followed my intuition, as I see the amps and shipping ran into trouble; though I'm sorry to see that Angelo. :(

My life has been super busy with my family, but I'm once again putting my attention on these currently silent speakers... once Mercury goes direct again that is, as it's again retrograde!

Peace out!
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:19 pm

Good to hear from you, kirsten~

Good luck on your search!
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:27 pm

I am the guy that bought all 3 of angelo's amps and they all are working just fine now.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:11 am

Seriously? Running your life according to where the stars align? I've never, ever understood that.

However, I check my front porch for leaves and let how many are there as I leave in the morning decide my day! Too many yellow ones and you must watch yourself that day! Green ones are good. Dead ones mean nothing I can determine. If I'm not going anywhere on a given day, then I consult the back deck.

This has proven to much more of a prediction of the day for me. Maybe because it's closer and more involved in my day or something....

Palm reading never worked for me. I never could get anything out of it. Something to do with not hearing what was said as I couldn't get past the ladies heaving breasts.

Try the leaves and see if it doesn't tell you more!

Mark
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:15 pm

hewlew1 wrote:I am the guy that bought all 3 of angelo's amps and they all are working just fine now.

what did you find?
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:31 pm

Angelo, I did not find a thing .I sent it to Tom in Pittsburgh
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:17 pm

Markie, How many times have I told you that leaf thing is no good. I get up in the morning and go outside if there is a shit load of night crawlers in my yard it is a bad day to purchase anything electronic. In which case I will say fuck It I am going fishing.
](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Harry,

Clearly, you're out of sync with the world! How can you use a lowly life form like a worm to predict your electronics? Especially when you live where it's frozen for at least half the year. You're violating the electrons first principle of motion if you go half a year without buying more of them to replentish motion. (Please remember to buy at least one amp per year as they have many more of them stored away in them waiting for future use!)

You must turn to something much more reliable to make the world work efficiently and keep the atoms in proper motion. If you aren't capable of believing in the way intended for mankind, the leaves of life, then please turn to the next best even if it's a more modern way.

You must in the morning (do not dare cheat and check in the evening, it'll throw the rotation of the earth off slightly but critically) check for any tire stems that are exactly at the bottom. If ANY of them are exactly and precisely in the down direction, then you MUST SELL electronics that day! Please heed this....it has extreme cosmic consequences.

The ONLY reliable alternate known to the stem of life is to consult the leaves!

Please, please don't feed the worms to the fish on any day when you see a cat licking its left front paw before you close the door on your way out (unless your wearing sandles), it creates very bad karma for all left handed people that day unless you cut your hair as short as FrankieD did before the end of that same day!

Mark
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & CF Linestage, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 Amazing speakers in natural oak, Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Douglas connection cables
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:30 pm

radioeng2 wrote:Harry,

Clearly, you're out of sync with the world! How can you use a lowly life form like a worm to predict your electronics? Especially when you live where it's frozen for at least half the year. You're violating the electrons first principle of motion if you go half a year without buying more of them to replentish motion. (Please remember to buy at least one amp per year as they have many more of them stored away in them waiting for future use!)

You must turn to something much more reliable to make the world work efficiently and keep the atoms in proper motion. If you aren't capable of believing in the way intended for mankind, the leaves of life, then please turn to the next best even if it's a more modern way.

You must in the morning (do not dare cheat and check in the evening, it'll throw the rotation of the earth off slightly but critically) check for any tire stems that are exactly at the bottom. If ANY of them are exactly and precisely in the down direction, then you MUST SELL electronics that day! Please heed this....it has extreme cosmic consequences.

The ONLY reliable alternate known to the stem of life is to consult the leaves!

Please, please don't feed the worms to the fish on any day when you see a cat licking its left front paw before you close the door on your way out (unless your wearing sandles), it creates very bad karma for all left handed people that day unless you cut your hair as short as FrankieD did before the end of that same day!

Mark

So mark, i do not think you understand harry. He is building up to get 1.6 gigawatts for time travel.
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:20 pm

This reminds me of the time I stuck my head into the microwave . Oh fuck that was when I was trying to acheive dimensional travel.I have trouble keeping this shit straight.
<<

kirstenj

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi Rabbit!

Hey guys, besides having 20 years as a software architect previously, I'm also an intuitive energy healer. I get it's not your bag, but yes, I use ALL my senses as I navigate the world. Besides clairvoyance, I use "tools" such as astrology, symbology, and YES, even signs in nature. Peace!

On another note, thought I'd give a post about what I've been up to. Not sure if I mentioned it before, but we wound up wiring/installing our entertainment room ourselves and it turned out fantastic! We'll be running the wire into the living room for the AL III's next (which are on Zone 2 of the receiver.) I've done a lot of learning over the past couple of days on matching amps to speakers, as well as bi-amping and bridging. While I like the idea of bi-amping, I want to keep the equipment in our locked cabinet (out of our toddler's reach), which I have installed thermometer driven fans into. That leaves me room for 1 amp no more than 8" h x 17" w, and 1 no more than 7" high. I also don't have a dedicated electrical circuit for the amp, which means at any given time it, the receiver, and a couple of lights may be on and it has to do OK. Our electrical box is maxed out after a lot of remodeling. So, probably looking at getting 1 amp for now <g>. I looked outside Carver amps to broaden my search. I'm currently looking for the Sunfire 300x2 of course, but also considering the M500-T, the Pro PT1800, and the Emotiva XPA-2 (500w/ch @ 4ohm). I''m figuring in $250+ shipping for servicing on the older models. Someone on another forum said the XPA-2 clipped with the AL IIIs, but only after he'd cranked it. He eventually ran 2 mono. It weighs 98 pounds, so seems like a substantial amp for the money ($590-900 depending on age), and it wouldn't likely need servicing. While I'd like "perfect", that's not happening now, so I'm willing to try any of these models for now just to get music into the central part of our house and enjoy the speakers :)
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Home (Audio)