Best TFM for LaScalas?

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:13 am

Re: Best TFM for LaScalas?

Get a tube amp.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Ion

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:38 am

mbskeam wrote:get the 45 fixed....
you can find a workin 25 for the cost off get this one fixed.
whats wrong with the 25, 45?

I believe its the power supply for the 25 and when describing the deafaning squeal the 45 puts out to left channel after about 15 minutes of running, Rolland immediately knew the problem. Since I'm not too tech-savvy, and its been a little while since the diagnosis, I don't recall what he said.

It was estimated around $300.00 to do a "refresh". And although you might be right about finding a used 25 for around same price, one never knows condition and since it will be old, I'd feel better with a refresh option, knowing all would be updated and in some instances, better than new.
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:41 am

Ion wrote:

I believe its the power supply for the 25 and when describing the deafaning squeal the 45 puts out to left channel after about 15 minutes of running, Rolland immediately knew the problem. Since I'm not too tech-savvy, and its been a little while since the diagnosis, I don't recall what he said.

It was estimated around $300.00 to do a "refresh". And although you might be right about finding a used 25 for around same price, one never knows condition and since it will be old, I'd feel better with a refresh option, knowing all would be updated and in some instances, better than new.

That makes the most sense.
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:42 am

Ion wrote:

Good choice partner ! Roland is held in very high regard around these parts. 8)
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:43 am

F1nut wrote:Get a tube amp.

Not everybody has your DEEP pockets Jesse ! :rolleyes:
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:48 am

no we dont...... :-" :-"

but what the hell, it's only $$$$$$$ right :D

back to overtime now..... :shock:
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:56 am

What Jesse said! You will NOT even look back! :D
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:58 am

Chauss wrote:

What Jesse said! You will NOT even look back! :D

I's just saying ! :lol:
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:16 pm

Even better. Tube amps are not that expensive, if you know what to look for. Plus, you can roll the tubes to help achieve the sound you prefer.

Yes, the TFM15cb has the best overall sound [sonic signature] of the TFM lineup from what I have had first hand experience with. I have heard them all and with the speakers he has, the TFM15cb has all the power his speakers will ever need. Hell, those speakers could run loud and sound great on an 8 watt tube amp.....much like the ones we built up on the mountain at Carverfest. Gotta remember the type of speakers and the efficiency they run at when answering the gentleman's question. He does not need the power of a TFM-75 for what he's got. That would be like trying power a Mazda Miata with a quad turbo jet engine.

It's not like he's trying to power a set of Original Amazings, Apogees, Martin Logans or the like.

rah wrote:As a Klipsch Chorus II owner happily powered by a Sunfire 300 x 2, the one thing I wish I had was a gain control on the Sunfire, which several of the Carver amps do have.

The Chorus's get real loud real quick. Would like a wider volume range to work with.
His speakers are the same way and the amp I suggested has the gain controls.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:25 pm

Remember, everybody doesn't like the sound of tubes. Audition a tube amp then make your decision.
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
Previous

Return to Carver Home (Audio)