FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:05 pm

Good Lord, you say cables don't make a difference?

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:42 pm

Good Lord, you say cables don't make a difference?

Are you fucking kidding me? Try listening for a change.

Wire World -vs- MIT? Review forthcoming but damn. If you can't tell a difference? Get the hell out of this hobby. All aspects with just one cable. This go'round between the CD and the preamplifier. I really do not understand how some folks can not hear any change. It really does boggle my mind.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Good Lord, you say cables don't make a difference?

Tom, are you creaming your jeans or what ? Wire is wire ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

PDR

TFM-45

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:12 am

Tom......are these with the MITs I sent you?......I hope if it is they came out on top... [-o<
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:58 am

That cable thing is really bothering you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:16 am

treitz3 wrote:Are you fucking kidding me? Try listening for a change.

Wire World -vs- MIT? Review forthcoming but damn. If you can't tell a difference? Get the hell out of this hobby. All aspects with just one cable. This go'round between the CD and the preamplifier. I really do not understand how some folks can not hear any change. It really does boggle my mind.

T3- They may not have the gear or the ears to hear the difference! :D
I "borrowed" Jerry's MIT's and I ain't giving them back!!! :lol:
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

tinpan

TFM-45

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:44 am

What? :lol:
Tinpan

HT - Sunfire TG IV, Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. 400 x 5, Oppo 93, Klipsch LaScala (3), Cornwalls (2), SW-12, Sony 60" LCD

2 channel - AN L2 Pre-amp, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN 2.1 DAC, DUAL CS 5000 TT, Oppo DV-981HD, Lowther PM4a/Azurahorn/SentryIV

2 channel - AN L3 Signature Line stage, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN Sig. DAC 3.1 , AN Sig. Phono Stage, Sota Comet TT, Altec A5's

2 channel - Carver VTA20 Baby Black Beauty, Custom Line Stage, Klipschorns

2 channel - AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, Carver C-5 Pre, Altec A4 speakers

2 channel - Audio Note Kit 1 300b SET, Audio Note DAC 2.1, Altec 288 Horns/JBL Bass bin
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:47 am

I'm using old electric cords with oxidation. Sounds good to me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:03 am

Everybody knows the whole cable thing is just snake oil! :lol: An easy way to extort money from those who have more of it then they do brains!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/03/audi ... cable-and/

"We've always believed that the perceived quality boost that comes from using high-end cables is really just a trick of the mind (read: justifying the ridiculous cost of premium cables to yourself) -- if you've dropped enough cash, you can probably hear anything you want."
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:05 am

"Still, we bet people still fall for the hype -- oh hey, if you're looking for the ultimate in sound, we've got half a meter of oxygen-free, triple-wrapped double-insulated Sonically Shielded AmpliSized Egyptian Llama cable here that we'll part ways with for just a couple grand." #-o :lol: :lol:
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:07 am

jjptkd wrote:Everybody knows the whole cable thing is just snake oil! :lol: An easy way to extort money from those who have more of it then they do brains!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/03/audi ... cable-and/

"We've always believed that the perceived quality boost that comes from using high-end cables is really just a trick of the mind (read: justifying the ridiculous cost of premium cables to yourself) -- if you've dropped enough cash, you can probably hear anything you want."

YEP....my mind is easily fooled! :lol: I would not know good sound if it hit me like a truck.... :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Best part is......I DID NOT believe they would really make a difference either! :D
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:10 am

http://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/ ... Hanger.htm

"most of what manufactures have to say about their products is pure hype. It seems the more they charge, the more hyped it is." [-(
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:15 am

I'm just trying to stoke the fire!! :D There probably isn't much difference between the monster cable and coat hangers though! :lol: :lol: I did notice a very nice change with my MIT speaker cables! :D
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:21 am

It may be the little box of electronic "gizmos" on the cable??? They just seem to provide a bit more detail for some reason....
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:30 am

Yes cables make a can make huge difference. Especially between the preamp and amp where the whole system can benefit.
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:34 am

Now back to putting gas on the fire how about 6 gauge ground wire for speaker wire? It is solid copper you know :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Next

Return to Carver Home (Audio)