FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Good Lord, you say cables don't make a difference?

<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Good Lord, you say cables don't make a difference?

Zoot Horn wrote:Vey nice site Doug--how do you like the Vampire power cable?

Thanks George. Vampire Wire has hardly any cable for sale now, and I personally have not tried any power cable from them. I'm very excited about getting the Furutech line though. They have all kinds of power related products. They are expensive, and don't allow any advertising of their products for less than MSRP. HOWEVER, if anyone needs any furutech products please contact me, cause I'm sure we can work something out, wink, wink, nudge, nudge. BTW, if you don't see a product you want listed on our website, let me know. I can get anything you need from the lines we represent; Furez, Furutech, Vampire Wire and Xhadow. (More coming soon). End Commercial, Now back to our program! :D
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:52 am

Nice website and good luck on your venture, Doug. Sounds like you are having some fun.

I thought I might take some time and follow up with some recent observations. I had a chance to audition the Audioquest Ruby IC's this past weekend at Jerry's house. We listened to some songs and got used to the sound, then started to move onto the lineup of Transparent Audio IC's I had brought down. We started with the Music link IC. Jerry and I both preferred the Ruby over the Music link. The sound was close but the nudge went to the Ruby's.

As we moved up the Transparent lineup, the sound got progressively better and we enjoyed the rest of the weekend listening too two pairs of Reference IC's between the CDP and pre, then from the pre to the amps [whichever ones were hooked up to the rig at the time]. When the time came for me to start packing up, we put the Ruby's back in. Upon listening, I gained a renewed respect for Audioquest. The Ruby's held there own and it wasn't as if taking the Reference IC's out of the loop completely FUBAR'D the sound. Some things had changed but it was still a very enjoyable sound.

So, the one Transparent IC that started it all with me was trumped on his system by the Audioquest Ruby IC. Man, this hobby sure is fun! Now I can relate a bit more to what it is you are listening too, Snoop! =D>
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Snoop65

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Cool Tom! Are the Audioquest Ruby's non DBS? Also I had to change my phono board tubes so instead of using my favorite GE 5751's I popped in another one of my favorites the RCA 12AX7 long black plates. Now I haven't listened to the RCA'S since I upgraded to Audioquest Columbia's and purchased my new turntable and cartridge. What a pleasant surprise!!!!! The RCA'S sound much better than I remembered. More focused imaging , better detail and more air. Not quite sure about soundstage size compared to the GE though. Long story short cables can really change things. :D
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:28 pm

The one's he had were non DBS, Snoop.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Snoop65

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:35 pm

My new table and cartridge probably helped too but I'm happy either way! :D
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

Snoop65

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:23 pm

I'm upgrading the power cables on my preamp and amp. A Sunyata Venom 3 for the preamp and two Silver Breed cables for the amp. Not that I think they are going to make a difference :^o :lol:
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Been enjoying my CV-4 38v dbs speaker cables myself. Building some custom jumpers out of Audioquest FLX 14/4 wires. Got the end's tinned and got my nylon techflex and heatshrink coming in. Now I just need to source some good spades for the CV-4's.

Still waiting for the MIT IC's and speaker wire from the demo to make their way to me. It might be a bit though lol.......

In the meantime I did connect up the MIT EXp1's to replace the Signal Cables. The MIT's went on much easier than the Signals lol. Dont think I have to worry about pulling the ground off the connector with them.
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:33 am

EndersShadow wrote:Been enjoying my CV-4 38v dbs speaker cables myself. Building some custom jumpers out of Audioquest FLX 14/4 wires. Got the end's tinned and got my nylon techflex and heatshrink coming in. Now I just need to source some good spades for the CV-4's.

Here ya go. These are silver plated copper, and IMHO one of the best spade connectors on the market.
http://www.douglasconnection.com/Furez- ... B60NAG.htm
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
Previous

Return to Carver Home (Audio)