FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:33 am

Good Lord, you say cables don't make a difference?

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Good Lord, you say cables don't make a difference?

No problem, I was just havin' fun back. I know full well that you have great gear that's designed well. Have you tried the MIT's on the Duntech's yet?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:58 am

treitz3 wrote:No problem, I was just havin' fun back. I know full well that you have great gear that's designed well. Have you tried the MIT's on the Duntech's yet?

Not me Tom, Chauss. I'm the Audioquest lover remember? :lol:
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:13 am

yea guys, i really believed for a long and i mean long time that all rca's are the same for the most part. when i was getting into the higher end car audio, a smart guy named richard clark, sound engineer or something to that effect, did a comparison on alot of cables and dispelled for me the snake oil that most high end cables promoted. he did do the rat shack versus many high end cables. due to inductance and impedence of those high end cables, 16-20 foot long, the rat shack won for the most part as those high end cables made it worst. at that time early 90,91 (autosound 2000 tech briefs by richard clark sound engineer and david navone electronic engineer) ,or so, the only one that stood out was a monster cable (with sone kind of box/device attached if memory serves) that was $300 plus dollars. now keep in mind that we are talking about car audio here. i could not hear any differences either as most all car systems of the time always sounds heavy on the side you sat on in the car. only after we started to get wave lengths to get more equal distances in the speakers did the car sound stage start to open up and suck you in. then i heard the famous speaker works buick grand national that richard went through and tweaked from one end to the other and heard equal wave length custom built waveguide horn speakers in the dash, 2-12" mid basses behind you in the side panels with 2-15" woofer in a aperiodic box that was all time alighned and properly eq'ed that i was wow, oh my god. he played neil diamond and barbra streisand you don't send me flowers in the car as a demo, and then i knew that i was hooked. i was in a live conceret, and to this day have not heard a car audio sytem that beats it . hell, i built one cavalier at the time with some canton speakers that did so well with the kickpanel mids and tweeter that jugdes were telling us that we needed to turn the center channel down as it dominated in the system. of course we would all chuckle at their comment as it was a 2 channel rig with no center channel. the biggest improvement in audio cables for car was the old ma bell twisted wire technology applied in the car and balanced cables to remove induced noice from the cars electrical system. now fast forwad many years later, i go to carverfest 2010, and hear some awesome rigs. the things that are said in such cables are for me for the most part, are very suttle and hard to discern but none the less there. i heard them first hand and was floored by that. if this means that i live in a fantacy world, so be it. will i be the first in line to buy cables costing more than the equipment they are hooked up to, i think not. i think though it is hard to sell said high end cables, and i will admit to sell a piece of equipment costing hundreds to thousands of dollars then saying well, that cheap cable will do the same job is a little short sighted for sure. now would i buy a 30-100 dollar monster cable of today, well that cable that came in the box will do for me. for 99 out of a 100 people, i guess it may do as well. but when you get to point in this hobby that you are open to new ideas that might not make dollar sense at first, you are that 1 percent that may benifit from a nicer cable and i don't mean the said 30-100 dollar cable. i personally like the audioquest ruby cables. at that time, the paper they wrote made sense to me, so i was comfortable spending a few hundred on 3-20' plus, 2-6' and a set of 3' cables which i cut down to the exact length needed with some plat ends, not the audioquest ends. be your own judge here, as tom, jesse, and so many others have been on the money with all the prior statement before mine. i do not know why on god's green earth would you limit yourself to a non educated, subjective issue like cables and synergy in your system. if you do not hear a difference, cool. your done or you may need better stuff in between said cables or maybe even a ear cleaning. i think james(toymaker) posted a thread on ear cleaning. eww. nasty for sure if you have not had it done, and maybe just maybe you might hear a difference after said cleaning. no matter what though, if you are not enjoying the entire experince and music, well it is all trivial. simply put, don't forget to "enjoy the music", bobfather quote from as long back as i can recall.
Last edited by angelod307 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:18 am

treitz3 wrote:
Chauss wrote:Hehehe...... :D Tom- you don't really mean that.

If God himself came down from the heavens and told me the same thing as John had stated. I would think of God as an idiot as well and send him on his merry way. That is, unless he would like me to show him why he was incorrect. I only have about.....oh, say 30 or so cables I could prove him wrong with. All it would take would be one.

Already discussed the MIT's in my main rig in another thread.

WoW.....to close ones mind to possibilities is stubborn bro! One can not learn further if they do not listen to ALL sides of the story. Everyone's hearing and perception of sound is unique to them- if our brains functioned the same we would be a bunch of robots. :D

Maybe it is the BIG picture that really matters? You pi$$ the man off upstairs and he may not LET you EVER hear good sound! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now...... Back to the topic of "synergy"...... :D
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:57 pm

Dan, you gots a linkie to that thread? I must have missed it somehow. :-s
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Tom,

Since the amp build took over last year, we never got to the I/C cable difference demo we had planned. Is that in the frying pan for this year? :-k
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:41 pm

I guess we can do it this year. I'm planning on letting go of most all of my cables between now and then but I can keep two pair of my worst cables just to show folks a clear cut case of the differences. It will be mandatory that Bob attend this time, though. I'd like to see him try to stay with the same stance he currently has on cables after this demo.

<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:33 pm

If they do not have any "network gizmos" on them - bring them to the ATL next week and I will tell you if they are bad cables. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that is IMHO...
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:16 pm

No, they do not have any network gizmos. They are just your everyday Totem Rainmaker IC's. As for this upcoming weekend, I'll know on mid-day Thursday whether or not it's a go.

<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:23 pm

Re: Thieves and the lies......[sad, if you ask me]

treitz3 wrote:Allow me to start with the cables. I handed them to him [Mike] at CF'10 and he was to have them for a short stint [as in one week, just like everybody else] and then pass them on to the next person in line. Nothing more, nothing less.

He kept them for quite some time and then posted his review of said IC's [THAT much actually was appreciated]. All the while, folks were asking what was going on with said IC's because they were wanting to try them out as Mike and others already had. PM's were sent. Phone calls were made from not only me but other folks that wanted to get this roadshow back on the road. No responses. Mike apparently didn't care enough to respond to anybody. What a nice guy. [-(

Over a year later, it seems we learn from Mike that James "owes" him something. How "convenient" for him. The article in question is a laser pointer. Something that can be had for anywhere between $10 to $30.00 [at best] everyday online or everyday at Home Depot for $25. Yes, James apparently has this in his possession. The thing is, Mike left this at CF that year and James [more correctly, one of his daughters] just so happened to stumble across it before they left. No biggie, no problem. The problem came [Which Mike claims is none of my business] when James did not send the item he left back to him in a "timely" manner according to Mike and then Mike proceeded to get in a tiffy. Long story short, Mike sent James a rather nasty e-mail saying that he needed to mail said laser pointer back...and NOW!!!.

We all know how well James mails things in a timely manner. This is not news to us. This is not news to Mike. Hell, I even kept stuff I found that Mike left at CF the year before that he wanted me to send back to him ASAP. I never did send these things back to him. I just gave them back at the next CF. No issues, no worries, nothing was held hostage and all was well.

Mike has taken it upon himself to be the judge, jury and enforcer of this entire situation. He has all by himself made it to where the entire roadshow came to a screeching halt because somehow he justifies stealing from the forum [he says James........does it really matter?] hundreds of dollars worth of cables because his ass forgot something worth less than 30 bucks that James just so happened to have been nice enough to find, pick up and let him know about. Mike apparently does not care that he is denying other folks on the forum the same chance to audition the cables as he has had and currently believes he has the "right" to keep. I think we should all take the time to stand up and applaud Mike for being the "stand up and truthful guy" he claims he is. :rolleyes:

Mike, truth is, no matter how your warped mind "justifies" stealing the cables? You have done nothing more than steal them. Way to go, man. Way to go. I'm sure the forum members who were slated to be next up on the roadshow really appreciate your actions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the cabin goes, I'll address that later. Like I said, I don't have time to really care about your lies at this point in time. I'll get to it when I get to it. I will say this in the meantime. Do you really think $682.00 X2 actually paid for the cabin for the entire 10 days?

I didn't think so. I'll give you a bit of time to rethink your lie on that one. I'm interested to see how you'll try to get around that one. However you try to justify that, the math just doesn't add up. Nice try, though. :lol:

Tom, you really are a piece of work, I bet your parents are real proud of you. Lets put your bullshit into perspective. The cabin thing is so simple. For Carverfest '09' we stayed in the same cabin as we did in 2010. It was the same people and we slept on the same futon in the pool room for both years. The bill for 2009 was $225 which was correct. Here comes the fucked up part.. For Carverfest 2010 you charged us the whopping amount of $682 for exactly the same arrangements as 2009!!! Why don't you share with everyone how much you paid to stay in the cabin FOR 10 DAYS and we can compare it to what we paid FOR 2 DAYS! Then there is the matter of your bogus claim that we didn't pay for the cabin at all, and we somehow owe your drunk ass money for it. Really Tom? Just exactly who the fuck do you think you are making an untrue claim like that? There is no way any one with even half a brain would believe your bullshit claim that we never paid for the cabin! SINCE KINGMAN PAID FOR THE CABIN UP FRONT WITH HIS CARD, WHY DON'T YOU ASK HIM IF WE PAID FOR THE CABIN! WHEN KINGMAN VERIFIES IT WAS PAID FOR EVERYONE WILL VERIFY THAT YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT AND YOU WILL VERIFY YOUR DRUNK ASS NEEDS TO THINK BEFORE YOU RUN YOUR MOUTH!
As far as the cables go once again you are totally incorrect and full of shit. First I never sent a nasty email to James about getting my stuff back, shall we ask him? Since you feel the need to supervise what James does with his things you need to get your facts straight. Since you need to know, try this on for size dumb ass, I just spoke with james on the phone a few days ago and we even discussed HIS cables! Funny how James doesn't seem to think I stole his cables isn't it. Then there is also your incorrect knowledge of the items belonging to me which James has. Once again you need to get your facts straight! This does not even concern you, but since you are pressing this.. ONE OF THE ITEMS IS NOT A CHEAP LASER POINTER AS YOU CLAIM, IT'S AN INFRA RED THERMAL TEMPERATURE GUN FOR TAKING TIRE TEMPERATURES AT THE RACE TRACK YOU IDIOT!! I should also mention it's none of your business what the thing costs, but I will say it's waaay more than the $10-$30 which you stated. So once again you are using information that isn't even close to being right to make a claim that is not even close to being true! You should finish your fact gathering before you finish the second 12 pack!
Why don't you have Kingman verify that we paid for our cabin.Then James can verify that I do have HIS cables, and don't forget to ask him if I stole them. I'm sure that the guys will be quite happy to do this for you, and I bet they will do it right here on the forum out so everyone can see it! Sounds like a grand idea to me! I guarantee you will not like what they have to say, and it will also put a smile on many faces as you are eating your own shit.

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Oh, you mean one just like this one? http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Temperature-I ... B002YE3FS4 found all day long at this price.

Mike, go fuck yourself. Quit telling lies and if you want to spew your bullshit, put it in the damned fight club. Wayne did not pay for the entire cabin [$1805, plus some misc. fees] and you conveniently forget that it was YOU who agreed to pay for 1/3rd of the cabin. Wasn't my fault that you only came for 2 days.

Grow up.

<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:02 pm

:-" :-"
Attachments
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail.jpg (8.12 KiB) Viewed 524 times
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:06 pm

jjptkd wrote::-" :-"

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:21 pm

Hey OFF TOPIC up there /\ take it to fight club....it takez too much energy to put the thread back on track!....Oh yeah-no where were we??? OH! TRANSPARENT CABLES SUCK!!!

They are too hard to find cause you see right through them!!! :lol:
<<

tinpan

TFM-45

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:43 pm

OK, let's see.... How ya'll like my cables?

\:D/
Tinpan

HT - Sunfire TG IV, Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. 400 x 5, Oppo 93, Klipsch LaScala (3), Cornwalls (2), SW-12, Sony 60" LCD

2 channel - AN L2 Pre-amp, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN 2.1 DAC, DUAL CS 5000 TT, Oppo DV-981HD, Lowther PM4a/Azurahorn/SentryIV

2 channel - AN L3 Signature Line stage, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN Sig. DAC 3.1 , AN Sig. Phono Stage, Sota Comet TT, Altec A5's

2 channel - Carver VTA20 Baby Black Beauty, Custom Line Stage, Klipschorns

2 channel - AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, Carver C-5 Pre, Altec A4 speakers

2 channel - Audio Note Kit 1 300b SET, Audio Note DAC 2.1, Altec 288 Horns/JBL Bass bin
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Home (Audio)