FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:17 pm

Down to the Nitty Gritty.....what has an IC got to do...

<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:18 am

Re: Down to the Nitty Gritty.....what has an IC got to do...

treitz3 wrote:
Snoop65 wrote:In reality can ANY part of the audio chain pass the signal unaltered?

I doubt it.

Snoop65 wrote: I think what we are dealing with is what alters the signal the least.

...or the most realistic with relation to reproductive qualities, which is the same as the manufactures of gear other than IC's are doing. Will they/we achieve it? Not while we are alive, if ever.

...at least that's my thought process...

Who knows Tom. Lets just have fun. I think you should have included speaker and power cables when you started this thread. Just put it all on the table and let the opinions fly! :D Chauss just got some nice power cables that he says made a really nice improvement to his system. I may try a pair myself. I have been pondering upgrading from my PS Audio power cables for some time now.
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:16 am

I have been pondering upgrading from my PS Audio power cables for some time now.

Huh? What do you think would be an upgrade?
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:43 am

F1nut wrote:
I have been pondering upgrading from my PS Audio power cables for some time now.

Huh? What do you think would be an upgrade?

Something further up the PS Audio line or a cable Chauss recommended. Beyond that I have no clue. :D
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:58 pm

Nerve Audio would be the first one on that list, Jesse. At least for me anyways. I still have the PS Audio Prelude in the rig and I don't foresee it going anywhere in the near future. That's what's powering the Musical Fidelity.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:47 pm

Re:

treitz3 wrote:Nerve Audio would be the first one on that list, Jesse. At least for me anyways. I still have the PS Audio Prelude in the rig and I don't foresee it going anywhere in the near future. That's what's powering the Musical Fidelity.

The PS Audio Prelude cables get you in the door as to what a good power cable can do for you. You should consider upgrading too. You'll be surprised in a good way. :D
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:48 am

Eh, right now I have no plans to do any PC upgrades. They have all been upgraded already and I have no issues with them. Before I attack that aspect of the rig again, I will be addressing something that has nothing to do with the rig but everything to do with the power before it ever even reaches the PC's. That being 2 or 3 dedicated 20 amp circuits being installed. With my rig in its current state, the differences with regards to a PC swap are miniscule compared to the things I'm currently addressing. I would venture to say that besides the CDP, most folks wouldn't notice a damned thing as the imaging and sound stage seems to be the only things that change. That change is so small [again, with the exception of the Jolida CDP] that it isn't even worth mentioning.

When I first got the PC's, I noticed quite a bit of difference but it has been years since those were upgraded so I can't recall all of the intricacies that I experienced but I feel that they were worth every penny. After the purchase and installation of the Richard Grey 400Pro power supply, the changes in sound with the swapping of PC's became miniscule at best. Once the dedicated lines are installed, the sound stage should become the best I have ever heard out of my rig. A friend of mine who has a similar system had 3 dedicated circuits put in and I heard the changes first hand from before to after and I can tell you with complete certainty that this is the area I need to address way before I address the PC thing again.

Thank you very much for your suggestion, though. Suggestions are always welcome.

Tell you what I'll do. I'll list my rig components on a different thread and let you guys tear it apart and offer any kind of suggestions you feel would improve upon it. I did this when I first joined the forum and it yielded some surprising and pleasurable results, wouldn't hurt anything to try it again. Not only will I list my components, I will also add what my plans are in terms of the direction I am planning on going to get to where I'd like to go. I know my weak spots, I know what I need to address but input is always welcome and I'll be the first to admit, I don't know everything about this hobby. I could always learn something to further my audio journey. Sound good? I have always wished that more folks would talk more about their own systems here, with both the good and the bad to help others learn and to improve upon what they may not know they are missing. I'm really, really, really, really satisfied with what my rig offers me on a daily basis but their is no harm in seeking advice from others to help me further my own audio path to bring me to the next level. No harm whatsoever.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

arigatou

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:09 pm

SPAM - please remove
Last edited by treitz3 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: SPAM
Previous

Return to Carver Home (Audio)