FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:47 am

Carver amp passed away!

<<

davewc

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:39 pm

Carver amp passed away!

Hi all, Happy New Year to everyone! It's been awhile since I posted anything. Just wanted to say that my 20 year old Carver TFM-35X died on me and I decided
to put it to rest. It also for the second time in 11 years blew out a tweeter in a speaker. This one is a little costlier than before. My Paradigm studio 100's from 10 years ago. Paradigm
no longer makes the diaphram for it so I had to send the tweeter up to Paradigm for repair. Back to the amp issue. I had my eye on the Parasound Halo A21 for a couple of years
now. Although I do have a backup for the speakers and amp. Mirage M7's came out of their boxes for only the second time in 8 years and my Anthem MCA 50 amp that i just use
for Center and surround speakers now was hooked up for my main stereo channel. These amps have no punch for two channel usage. So the other day I finally broke down and called Audio Advisory
about the Halo A21 amp. I was looking at the salesman to give me some convincing information on or what I already new about the A21's to make up my mind. Well I went ahead and purchased the
amp for $2,299.00. The saleman's name was Joe and he had alot of knowledge on this amp and on the Carver amp I have. Upon buying the amp I asked Joe if he could give me a better deal on this amp
and he said he was not aloud to discount this amp so he thru in a $100.00 Pangea upgraded AC cable. Man, this thing is huge, I never had a AC cable this big before. This amp is also huge! At low volunm
this amp was clear and sounded sweet with it's class A mode and upon cranking with the class A/B mode kicking in it seem to send this amp to a hole new level. These amps are by far worth the price,
if only I had my studio 100's working I'm sure it would have sounded a little better than the Mirage's M7's did.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: Carver amp passed away!

RIP.jpg
RIP.jpg (11.01 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:50 pm

"I asked Joe if he could give me a better deal on this amp
and he said he was not allowed to discount this amp..."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:02 pm

Of course not, he already made the sale so why would he? :D :D Parasound is a great company, many fine products, congrats! =D> =D>
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 225x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch KP 250 II (2 Pairs)
Klipsch RSW 15
(2) 18" Klipsch KP 480 Subs
Samson SX3200 (750x2 Sub Amp)

Return to Carver Home (Audio)