FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:21 am

Carver TX-1-11 Service Manual request

<<

Rick Price

Post Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:21 pm

Carver TX-1-11 Service Manual request

Hi fellow Carver fans,

It's been a crazy busy time for me, I've been trying to get a few health related things off my to do list and it's been a bit intense, so I apologize for not being around more often.

Here's the weird thing: I KNOW I had a copy of this SM in .pdf and now it's gone. Does anybody have one they could send? TIA....

Not a lot's new with me with regard to my Carver/Sunfire gear. I still have the A-753x in a system with an Adcom 555 on the bottom and a couple of Sunfire Sigs (and an A- 760x and A-220) in the main system. (One Stereo and the other's the 405x5) I still have my ESCU unit and a number of TX-1-11's. But one was sold to me as a pig in a poke-it has a bad adjustment VR on the back. Somebody tore it loose by pushing too hard on it. So I need a new replacement, and that's the reason for the all call for the SM. If anybody happens to know just which VR I need, that'd be cool to know as well. Again, TIA...

Best to all,

Rick
Musician/Teacher
<<

radioeng2

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:52 pm

Re: Carver TX-1-11 Service Manual request

Hi Rick,

I have a copy of a pretty big batch of manuals that was put together some years back and I hate to say, that isn't one among them. Sorry!!

If it does show up, I'd sure like to add the copy of it for the future. Please keep that in mind.

If you've got another of the same unit, then couldn't you get what you need figured out from it? I know...not ideal to fuss with a working but you should be able to get some level of knowledge there...

Sounds like you've got a pretty good batch of Carver, for sure! Thanks for stopping in! Wish I had more for you.

Mark
The year of the 10th Carverfest! Be there at CF2016!
<<

Rick Price

Post Tue May 17, 2016 5:18 pm

Thanks for the reply, Mark.

It's okay. And yes, that's where I'm at right now. The TX1-11 doesn't really appear "service" friendly. Getting the the board out of the chassis involves some delicate bending of the case. A previous owner wrecked that 500K Piher Variable resistor and I've been trying different alternatives in the "problem child" unit and taking it in and out of the chassis a couple of times caused the legs of the front "pilot" lamp LED to break. It still works, but I can't figure a way to get that LED put back to rights. I think the VR is a Piher Vertical 500K in the 15mm size. (But I'm not positive, it's close though....) And I can't find them anywhere close by. Taking a chance on some shipped from "down under" seems like an expensive gamble if they're not the right widget for the job. The LED "appears" to be a 3mm diffused "red" but it's one of those that looks "white/opaque" until you fire it up and those seem REALLY hard to find. I own four TX1-11's (including this one, I got burned on it on "the 'bay", I'm swearing off that place....really.....) and I'd like to get this one put back to rights. If anybody has any sources for that VR or the LED, I'd REALLY appreciate a link or whatever you find/have that'd fit the bill.

Thanks again and best wishes to everyone....
Musician/Teacher
<<

radioeng2

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed May 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Hi Rick,

If you can, grab a picture that shows the physical pot itself. I might be able to figure something out if I knew what it looked like.

On the LED, I know the type your talking about that until lit looks clear. I don't think I have any, but I'll keep an eye for a source. If you're not aware of it, different color LED's run at different voltages, so don't just put in something else. If it turns on red, then I'd think it to be the same voltage as one that appears red colored, though I know you're looking for one that appears the same. They are around somewhere....

I've seen things before that had that deal where the LED has to kind of bend back out of the panel or holder to remove. Usually, you can lift from the other side first removing and avoid bending much, but I've also seen the time where you just have to bend it out of the way. Sounds like that's what you've run into. Since most boards don't ever get lifted out, or at most...a time or two in the life of the equipment, I can understand it not being too big of deal when designing. Not that I'd ever be crazy about it...and they may not have been either.

It may be a few days before I have a chance to respond on any picture of the pot, but I will when I can.

Mark
The year of the 10th Carverfest! Be there at CF2016!

Return to Carver Home (Audio)