FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:38 pm

Custom amp created by Bob Carver (AND I SHIT ON IT)

<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Custom amp created by Bob Carver

bet you are right.....
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:03 pm

[quote="jjptkd"]I don't believe this guy intends on selling this monstrosity, at least in this listing, he's simply nose thumbing at Bob and his "stated" value of $10k. When it doesn't sell after "X" amount of time he'll spin it around and call Mr. Carver a liar for over stating the value of the amplifier. [-( [-([/quote =D>
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

RevAmish

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:44 pm

NOW PLAYING: Melos GK-1, Carver 305 monoblocks, FunkFirm Vector TT, Arcam DAC, MacMini w/JRiver, Philips CD-80, Revox B77, River Current AL-VIII speakers, River Current Cables
<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:09 pm

LOL :lol:

You guys haven't have this much excitement in your lives since bob called you by name once at carverfest.

A 15 pager on the carver site? Unheard of.

I'm glad (and sad) that I've had to inject this little excitement into your lives.

Any rational person that reads this entire thread may come to the conclusion that I might have been a slight a-hole in my email to Bob... but... in the end they'll still see that the real A55HOLE is the supposed professional audio designer/builder that sent a product out to a customer that looked like 5HIT, was missing agreed upon features, had a price almost double what was originally agreed upon and was a year later than promised.

Come on folks, who's the real bad guy here? :-&

Hell, he even said (in the email that I posted earlier) that the amp was only supposed to ccost $2000. That was a lie as we never ever agreed to (or even discussed) a price of $2000. It was ALWAYS $1500.

Even so, why in the world would he charge me $2795 after we agreed to $1500 and he himself said the price we agreed on was $2000? ](*,)

Where'd that extra $795 charge comes from?

He just pulled the $2795 price out of his A55 because he's Bob Carver and he can do that? :?:

I don't know about any of you guys but $800 is not a drop in the bucket. That's a lot of money!
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:33 pm

d0n wrote:LOL :lol:

Hell, he even said (in the email that I posted earlier) that the amp was only supposed to ccost $2000. That was a lie as we never ever agreed to (or even discussed) a price of $2000. It was ALWAYS $1500.

Even so, why in the world would he charge me $2795 after we agreed to $1500 and he himself said the price was $2000?

Where'd that extra $795 charge comes from? He just pulled the $2795 price out of his A55 because he's Bob Carver and he can do that?

I don't know about any of you guys but $800 is not a drop in the bucket. That's a lot of money!

d0n

I have tried to stay out of this thread, I have known Bob for over 4 years and he is the most helpful and knowledgeable person that I have met in this industry.
If in your emails with Bob, he had mention a price point of $1500.00.
All you had to do was POLITELY remind him of what he had told you, (and sent sent him a copy of the Email with the price mentioned) and he would have met that quotation in a heart beat as he has done with me.
Later on, he has done some great work for me at no charge, even though I have tried to pay him for his time and he has repeatedly said NO to any form of payment.
At the moment, I am working on some mods to a set of Silver Seven Tube amps, adding the famed DC restorer circuit that he designed and he is doing this all out of the goodness
in his GREAT BIG HEART for no charge.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:48 pm

Brian that's great for you. I am happy things worked out for you. However, it sounds like bob also hit you up for more money than you originally agreed on... right? You had to remind him and prove to him the price you had originally agreed on? That's just not professional. :?

My computer died in august of this year. I lost all my emails including those back and forth between Bob and I.

When he had his assistant email me and hit me with the random $2795 price... although super surprised, I couldn't come back with the email stating our agreed upon $1500 price.

As I said earlier... when questioned, bob himself said the price we agreed on was $2000. Where in the world did $2795 come from if the price bob thought we agreed on was $2000?

"Jordon, I think the price was $2000 but let's just tack on an extra $795 and see if he'll pay it!? Hell... he has to pay because we've got his amp and I am BOB CARVER afterall! Doesn't this peasant know that every year my fans hold week long festivasl in my honor?! He is lucky I choose to merely double his price instead of triple it! I AM BOB CARVER DAMMIT!"
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:36 pm

d0n wrote:Brian that's great for you. I am happy things worked out for you. However, it sounds like bob also hit you up for more money than you originally agreed on... right? You had to remind him and prove to him the price you had originally agreed on? That's just not professional. :?

d0n.

Actually it was not Bob who sent me the invoice for the Cherry 180's I had purchased. It was Linda at Rita's Vintage Audio repair that sent me the invoice.
She sent me the invoice for the amount they where selling for at the time, unaware that Bob had given me a different number.
It took one polite Email to Linda at Rita's to ask her to see what price Bob and I had agreed on, once Bob was involved the agreed price was met.

Good luck to you with your sale, but I think 4000.00 to 5000.00 would be more realistic, yes they it would cost around $10000.00 retail
but use is a different story.

So d0n please get a life, and you should feel lucky that Bob took the time to try and help you.
Maybe next time phone the president of Macintosh and see if he will return your calls.

Brian

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:19 pm

BrianT wrote:
d0n wrote:Brian that's great for you. I am happy things worked out for you. However, it sounds like bob also hit you up for more money than you originally agreed on... right? You had to remind him and prove to him the price you had originally agreed on? That's just not professional. :?

d0n.

Actually it was not Bob who sent me the invoice for the Cherry 180's I had purchased. It was Linda at Rita's Vintage Audio repair that sent me the invoice.
She sent me the invoice for the amount they where selling for at the time, unaware that Bob had given me a different number.
It took one polite Email to Linda at Rita's to ask her to see what price Bob and I had agreed on, once Bob was involved the agreed price was met.

Good luck to you with your sale, but I think 4000.00 to 5000.00 would be more realistic, yes they it would cost around $10000.00 retail

So d0n please get a life, and you should feel lucky that Bob took the time to try and help you.
Maybe next time phone the president of Macintosh and see if he will return your calls.Brian

Brian

Brian, I fuckin' love you man !!! Just excellent !!
<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:46 am

frankieD wrote:
BrianT wrote:

d0n.

Maybe next time phone the president of Macintosh and see if he will return your calls.Brian

Brian

Brian, I fuckin' love you man !!! Just excellent !!

I think the president of mcintosh would be surprised to hear that you all think that his company and ritas audioshop/tubular joe/bob carver are at all similar.

I highly doubt you'll see Gordon Gow of mcintosh hawking his own amps on ebay using his own ebay account. :lol:

Carver gear is nice but lets not make the giant leap that it is even remotely similar to Mcintosh.
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:21 am

Well looks like the electricity is back on in Troy,NY.
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
A Lightstar or two
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
Dual CS5000 Turn Table
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm

DB wrote: "Carver gear is nice but lets not make the giant leap that it is even remotely similar to Mcintosh"

Correct: $ for $, Carver/Sunfire amps are FAR superior, and sound wise they are at least as good...and in some cases superior (IMHO!).
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:12 pm

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEEE =D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :-D :-D :-D
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:40 pm

DaveS wrote:HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEEE =D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :-D :-D :-D

Entertainment value

*5*
<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm still interested in unique trades. What have you got carverites? :o

Ultralight?

Motorcycle?

Scooter?

RC Helicopter?

DMD Pinball game/s?

Mcintosh model 9 Amps (pair)?

Dually diesel crew cab?

Vintage Honda motorcycles?

Dual sport motorcycle (DR400Z) ?

Anything interesting.
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:46 pm

Just agreeing 100%( and then some) with elgrau
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
PreviousNext

Return to Fight Club