FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:24 am

Custom amp created by Bob Carver (AND I SHIT ON IT)

<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Custom amp created by Bob Carver

What exactly are you trying to gain from all of this? It sounds as though it would cost more in shipping to send the amp back to Bob then it would cost to have your problems fixed locally, assuming there's nothing operationally wrong with the amp. Get some estimates then go after Mr Carver for a partial refund to cover the costs. Finding a reasonable solution that works for both of you is key to resolving this...
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:05 pm

I don't think his intention is to fix it.....he would rather keep whining about it- :rolleyes:
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:35 pm

What I'm hoping to gain is the real story behind the amp. Why was it so shoddily built, who built it exactly and most importantly... I want bob to own up to this whole thing... and ...maybe even apologize for the sh*tty paint and leaving out the LED defeat switch.

I imagine that an acknowledgement and an apology are long shots but that's what I'm after.

If Bob chooses to refund a portion of the amps price so I can have it painted properly and have an LED defeat switch installed... he knows my paypal address.
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:34 pm

Now I know why I am having trouble sleeping at night, I have this same dream over and over again where Bob is chasing me with a knife and calling me d0n :rolleyes: . I thought this puppy was laid to rest a week ago. ](*,)
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:26 pm

Pick up the phone and call him.
<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm

I've emailed him hoping for a resolution but no response as of yet.
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Bells can not be "unrung"............. :-s
<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:12 pm

gdb wrote:Bells can not be "unrung"............. :-s

I agree but if he apologizes and makes good monetarily, I'll let this slide.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:15 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:Pick up the phone and call him.

I agree. This is a business deal between you and Bob. It would have went a lot smoother if you had told Bob how great it sounded first.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:28 pm

kingman wrote:
Zoot Horn wrote:Pick up the phone and call him.

I agree. This is a business deal between you and Bob. It would have went a lot smoother if you had told Bob how great it sounded first.

Isn't that what you were really buying?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:58 pm

Isn't that what you were really buying?

I'll answer for him, FUCK NO!!!
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Dr K

Newbie 50+

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:35 pm

dOn, your constant berating of Bob on this forum is not going to get you what you want. As you can see, you're not getting much support from others here. You need to call Bob and work this out with him or take some other recourse. Sorry you feel so dissatisfied. Can we lock this thread already?
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:00 am

Lock this thread, it's only the sound that counts, etc. The man didn't delivery the product the seller was suppose to get, but oh it's Bob Carver and we can't have anybody talking smack about him, why? He's human too and makes mistakes like the rest of us. There's nothing wrong with airing dirty laundry here, keeps everyone honest. Obviously, he screwed up and should make it right.

Look at all the crap James got from a bunch of you for Carverfest shirts or the ribbons for Madmax. I don't recall anyone calling for those threads to be locked or worked out off the forum.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:33 am

d0n wrote:
gdb wrote:Bells can not be "unrung"............. :-s

I agree but if he apologizes and makes good monetarily, I'll let this slide.

Oh boy.....you sure read that ass-backwards ! I was referring to the bells you have previously rung, on a very sour note. I don't believe that you'll be hearing anything conciliatory from Bob any time soon. Frankly, the colorful term.... "shit the bed" may well be applicable in your case. :wink:
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:48 am

Jesse,
d0n does not need to work it out with us . He needs to work it out with Bob. Whining and crying here is not getting him anything except support from you. When you get fucked you have two choices let it go or file an action in small claims court. I am sure you have been there we all have. d0n needs to make a decision and see it through, many people here and on other forums have offered to help him with his problem for free. He now needs to help himself.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!
PreviousNext

Return to Fight Club