FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:40 am

Lightstar 2.0 trigger

<<

Planetbrian

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:42 pm

Lightstar 2.0 trigger

I have (3) Lightstar 2.0 amps connected to a Marantz AV8801 and while trying to trigger the amps on/off using the remote in/out on the back of the amps to the AV8801, only one of the amps will turn on. I do have them daisy chained. They will all turn off, but only one will turn on. It does not matter if I change them around in the chain.

Does anyone have any advice?
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:31 am

Re: Lightstar 2.0 trigger

Hell, I didn't even know they had a trigger.
As far as I know, the Lightstar amps do not have a on/off "trigger"

I'll see what I can dig up on the schematics.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:44 am

You may want to pop the lid on the amp that DOES have a trigger. It may have been a custom modd added later.
Please past photos, I would love to see what was done.

Hope this helps a little =D>

LS-2.jpeg
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:06 am

My father had the same problem with his Silver-7 Tube amps.
I installed a couple Furman "trigger" outlets.

Basicly, you rewire the wall outlet itself, and the relays are in the wall, you just run a 12v signal wire to the outlet from your receiver.

Wall outlet (2-20 amp outlets)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330797349132

Prefab, plugin version (15 amp)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271133526706

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:18 am

Make sure you have the RC5 jacks connected properly they must follow the RC5 protocols. According to the Lightstar Direct manual each device will function via any remote seen by the remote sensor. Let us know how it works out.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time

Return to Carver Home (Audio)