FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:27 pm

CM-1090 CD Direct from remote

<<

AFEuphman

Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:40 pm

CM-1090 CD Direct from remote

Good evening all! Finally getting back into really messing with my Polk speakers and Carver CD player and CM-1090! So much fun! I'm busy replacing capacitors in SDA-CRS+'s and just got a nice pair of Monitor 5B's to use while I'm working on the SDA's. Woo-hoo! Then, I'll do the same to them! Also just refoamed a pair of Boston Acoustics a40's... wow, they sound REALLY good for such a light, little box!

Anyway, so, I'm trying to keep the WAF level high enough to keep "playing" around with the speakers. To that extent... Does anyone know if I can control the CD Direct button remotely? I have a Logitech that lets me control every darn thing else... even the holography. Seems like I MIGHT be able to control the CD direct, as well. Basically, when I forget to turn it off, the wife gets a little upset, as she turns on the TV and there is no sound.

Now, I've trained her to push the glowing orange button... but still, if I could control it from the remote...

I've got the RH-75 and I think an RH-5... no button on those remotes for CD Direct... help!

Thanks a bunch!
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:59 am

Re: CM-1090 CD Direct from remote

Not familiar with that particular model; sorry! Perhaps someone with experience in that model will be along shortly~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Return to Carver Home (Audio)