It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:52 am

CT17 LED illumination intermittent

<<

indyaudio

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:28 pm

CT17 LED illumination intermittent

Guys,
One of my CT17s is driving me a little crazy. The AM/FM radio station LEDs are illuminating intermittently. Sometimes on, sometimes off. Heck, I don't really listen to FM on this thing, but you know, want it right. If I tap on the front sometimes the lights come right on and stay on. Other times, nothing; sometimes the lights are illuminated when powering on the unit, other times, not. Once the lights are on, they stay on, you can tap it and they won't go off again. All other front panel lights work just fine.

Before taking it out of the system and opening up the case, anyone have idea on root cause or how to fix? Sounding like the proverbial "loose connection."

Thanks in advance guys!
Main Room System(s):
Speakers - Polk SRS 1.2TL; Carver ALiii; KEF 101, 104/2; Pioneer HPM150; JBL S7R Sovereign, L112, 4312, 43111
McIntosh - C28, C26, C24 preamps; MC30 monoblocks, MC2205, MC2120 amps
Carver - M4.0t amp; CT17 preamp; C9 Holography; Digital Time Lens; SDA360 CD
Sunfire 300~2 (2) & Dynaco ST-70 tube (2) amps
Jolida tube & Linn Karik CD; Rega P2 & Marantz 6300 Turntables
Arcam rDAC
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:37 pm

Re: CT17 LED illumination intermittent

If you find out let me know, mine does the same shit !! LOL
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 amazing speakers in natural oak & Douglas connection cables
<<

indyaudio

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:39 pm

frenchguy wrote:If you find out let me know, mine does the same shit !! LOL

Yep, I searched first and saw your posting, but no solution from the collective Carver brain trust. Will keep you posted if we get the intel.
Main Room System(s):
Speakers - Polk SRS 1.2TL; Carver ALiii; KEF 101, 104/2; Pioneer HPM150; JBL S7R Sovereign, L112, 4312, 43111
McIntosh - C28, C26, C24 preamps; MC30 monoblocks, MC2205, MC2120 amps
Carver - M4.0t amp; CT17 preamp; C9 Holography; Digital Time Lens; SDA360 CD
Sunfire 300~2 (2) & Dynaco ST-70 tube (2) amps
Jolida tube & Linn Karik CD; Rega P2 & Marantz 6300 Turntables
Arcam rDAC
<<

RussellAlvarado

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:44 am

indyaudio wrote:Guys,
One of my CT17s is driving me a little crazy. The AM/FM radio station LEDs are illuminating intermittently. Sometimes on, sometimes off. Heck, I don't really listen to FM on this thing, but you know, want it right. If I tap on the front sometimes the lights come right on and stay on. Other times, nothing; sometimes the lights are illuminated when powering on the unit, other times, not. Once the lights are on, they stay on, you can tap it and they won't go off again. All other front panel lights work just fine.

Before taking it out of the system and opening up the case, anyone have idea on root cause or how to fix? Sounding like the proverbial "loose connection."

Thanks in advance guys!

hello were you able to sort out the problem? I am facing similar issue with my lights..They are illuminating intermittently so can you tell how to sort out the problem?Please reply thanks in advance:)
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:02 am

Sounds like poor solder joints. Take apart, retouch all solder points.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

RussellAlvarado

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:24 pm

RussellAlvarado wrote:
indyaudio wrote:Guys,
One of my CT17s is driving me a little crazy. The AM/FM radio station led lights are illuminating intermittently. Sometimes on, sometimes off. Heck, I don't really listen to FM on this thing, but you know, want it right. If I tap on the front sometimes the lights come right on and stay on. Other times, nothing; sometimes the lights are illuminated when powering on the unit, other times, not. Once the lights are on, they stay on, you can tap it and they won't go off again. All other front panel lights work just fine.

Thanks in advance guys!

hello were you able to sort out the problem? I am facing similar issue with my lights..They are illuminating intermittently so can you tell how to sort out the problem?Please reply thanks in advance:)

Return to Carver Home (Audio)