The search for early version of the TFM-75

Carver Home Audio (Stereo) Discussions and Questions
User avatar
fill35U
M-400t CUBE
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:45 am
Location: East Virginia

Re: The search for early version of the TFM-75

Post by fill35U » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:32 am

FOUND IT!!

Tonight I was flipping through those back issues for nostalgia, when I found it: middle of page 70, September 1992 issue of Stereo Review:
Attachments
IMG_20150213_030655.jpg
Living room system: TGP IV, TX-8r, TD-1400, PT-2400(x6), PM-1.5a(x3), TFM-45(x2), TFM-55, Silver Amazings Mk IV

Spares/projects: C-9, M-400, PM-350(x2), M-1.5t(x2), PT-2400(x2-1/2), PT-1800(x4), TGP I, Architectural True Sub, pm420

User avatar
kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs
Posts: 6433
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Upstate South Carolina

Re: The search for early version of the TFM-75

Post by kingman » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:40 am

Nice! Apparently it went through several design changes. Wonder if any of the 2 different versions exist?
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

User avatar
Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2740
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:04 pm
Location: A galaxy far far away

Re: The search for early version of the TFM-75

Post by Snoop65 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:56 am

Wow! That's cool!
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

User avatar
sea
TFM-35
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:47 pm
Location: NC Piedmont

Re: The search for early version of the TFM-75

Post by sea » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:41 am

kingman wrote:Nice! Apparently it went through several design changes. Wonder if any of the 2 different versions exist?
.......a better question is............how much would Kingman be willing to pay if one of the non-production configurations surfaced??? :-k :-k

User avatar
Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2740
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:04 pm
Location: A galaxy far far away

Re: The search for early version of the TFM-75

Post by Snoop65 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:27 pm

sea wrote:
kingman wrote:Nice! Apparently it went through several design changes. Wonder if any of the 2 different versions exist?
.......a better question is............how much would Kingman be willing to pay if one of the non-production configurations surfaced??? :-k :-k
Or Eric! I'm almost afraid to think about it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

User avatar
MRHP
SILVER-7t
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:36 pm
Location: Buzzard Creek Ky

Re: The search for early version of the TFM-75

Post by MRHP » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:52 pm

Snoop65 wrote:
sea wrote:
kingman wrote:Nice! Apparently it went through several design changes. Wonder if any of the 2 different versions exist?
.......a better question is............how much would Kingman be willing to pay if one of the non-production configurations surfaced??? :-k :-k
Or Eric! I'm almost afraid to think about it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
My sig line is VOID if that baby ever surfaces. Me and Kingman would have to go into negotiations of epic perportions like world leaders on the brink of war. :lol: :lol: :lol:
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0002
Cherry/260wpc Mono Blocks
Lightstar Reference
Sunfire Series II 625x2
Carver 490t
OPPO-103
Lucas Labs CF-14
Sunfire Tube pre
DENON DP-62L TT
DUAL CS 5000 TT
DQ-20's
Tesla CF-15 speakers
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65

Post Reply

Return to “Carver Home (Audio)”