Carver DTL-200 repair question

Carver Home Audio (Stereo) Discussions and Questions
trav0810
TFM-35

Carver DTL-200 repair question

Post by trav0810 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:32 am

I have 2 DTl-200's. One is functionally sound, but has a few buttons broken off, the other is cosmetically good, but will not spin the disc. How hard is it to remove the assembly with all the buttons and replace it?

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Carver DTL-200 repair question

Post by radioeng2 » Sun May 03, 2015 5:53 pm

Wish I could help you Travis. Not been in one of those.

Usually you have to deal with a few things that "stick through" the face like a headphone jack or maybe power buttons. Sometimes they attach in someway and sometimes they have internal brackets that hold them in the location and withstand the pushing against it.

Then their is about always some kind of ribbon cables for the majority of the buttons. How those connect can be the trouble spot. It's how they attach into a socket at one end that can be scary. They aren't made for regular connect/disconnect cycles. Some have better quality ways to stick the cable end in and fasten. Then in some consumer stuff, it's solder and never intended to remove. Usually you'll have a few screws holding a face on and after that you see what you're in for. I always lay out screws in the pattern they came out so I can readily know where they go back in. And it's a really good idea to put them back in rather than leave them out for later and wind up loosing them ect. Only takes a few minutes to take in or out a few screws, why risk losing them?

Wish I could be more specific on that exact model! Good to see you in here!

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

trav0810
TFM-35

Re: Carver DTL-200 repair question

Post by trav0810 » Wed May 06, 2015 6:44 am

Thanks Mark. Got 'er fixed and it wasn't too bad at all!

Return to “Carver Home (Audio)”