Magnaryder ??

Carver Home Audio (Stereo) Discussions and Questions
Magic_Physicist
TFM-6cb

Magnaryder ??

Post by Magic_Physicist » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:54 pm

Hey man you surprised the hell out of me today when I made my bi-monthly trip to the post office =D>

I see an envelope with some scribbling and had no idea what it was and I can even see through the envelope these 2 tiny round things that were like midget condoms ......until I opened it :lol:

I figured you forgot all about those tray drive bands for my Carver SD/A - 490t

So NOW........is this as hard to do as it looks?

When I removed the cover I see no easy way to get anywhere ........one screw but it doesn't remove anything.

I pulled the tray out as careful as possible by hand and now see I think where to put the band but the *gear* below those 2 rollers is filled with what I imagine is melted OEM band.

I tried picking that out off that *gear* but it is stuck like glue.

And the way the tray moves in and out it seems like it would just eat the new band so I didn't want to try it before somebody that already did this gives me any tips.

Man it has been so long since I played ANY music on ANY of my Carver gear of the past.......on a rare occasion I would turn on the Carver FM.......not much fun since I rather not hear loud radio commercials on my classic rock station (KZOK)

All my discs are old stuff but that is all I need (ok I would like to get a new turntable some day since I have a nice vinyl collection)

So what do you suppose I should do before I try sticking that band on this disc player and test it??

Thanks

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Magnaryder ??

Post by Magnaryder » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:21 pm

I replaced mine when I had a 490t but can't seem to remember how. Maybe someone else with more current knowledge.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Magic_Physicist
TFM-6cb

Post by Magic_Physicist » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:48 pm

LOL I can tell we are the same age :lol:

I'm not sure how to get that band over the bigger disc since it touches the frame at the top and is attached at the bottom.

I have rolled it in and out several times just to get some of that melted rubber off the other gear that chewed it up and it is now soft and sticky melted rubber.

All I see for sure is I could actually take discs in and out by hand if I really get tempted to play one (using a tool I have to turn that gear until the disc lowers to play position)

Too bad it wasn't originally made with a direct drive gear.

(I'm finding everything except the Carver tray fix at youtube right now)

mbskeam
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by mbskeam » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:15 pm

Mbskeam

SILVER 7's
Amazing Line Source
2 SVS PB16 SUBS
#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
WTL Amadeus GTA+DV DRT XV-1t
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"

Magic_Physicist
TFM-6cb

Post by Magic_Physicist » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:31 pm

Thanks Woodinville =D>

(damn it has been 5 years?)

Magic_Physicist
TFM-6cb

Post by Magic_Physicist » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:15 am

Well fuck

It took me longer than that to get the thing on (and my particular player looks different under the cover) and then for whatever reason (probably the old melted one slowed it down) it wouldn't do more than spin and set down where the disc sits.

So I try a disc just to have it actually play after all these years.

Then that thing in the tray it sits on pops out and after 50 tries I couldn't just get it to snap in place (ok for the first time in my life I will admit I can't see worth a damn close up even borrowing the wife 10 pairs of glasses) so now it does nothing and if I was home alone I would introduce this damn thing to my .50 caliber Desert Eagle and the .325 grain hollow points I have sitting around because they always work :-({|=

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:34 am

Hell you could of just shot the thing way back and not been agravated at all. LOL
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Magic_Physicist
TFM-6cb

Post by Magic_Physicist » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:40 pm

hewlew1 wrote:Hell you could of just shot the thing way back and not been agravated at all. LOL
Well those .50 cal hollow points are expensive......but I have to agree with you now.

Then use it as rebar on my next concrete project this Spring :?

I do have a CD player in the Chrysler 300M........and the expensive Sony was in my muscle car but even more years ago a disc decided not to come back out or play so I now have that player in the house waiting for me to open it up and try to get the disc out.......not going to spend a second trying to make it work.

But the wife bitches about my music so I (if she pisses me off I play some Led Zeppelin)

So I will just stick to checking the FM on rare occasion or the Sirius on the DLP

(maybe I'll shoot my Cube while I have the Desert Eagle out) .....and those ALS are like hitting the broad side of a barn 8)

Return to “Carver Home (Audio)”