FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:39 pm

CT-23 question . . . .

<<

rrreynolds

Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:03 pm

CT-23 question . . . .

Hello
Does the CT-23 have any kind of linking control cable to the TFM-35 to turn the amp on and off with the pre-amp power? Is there a voltage trigger?

Thanks
RRR
<<

rrreynolds

Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:51 pm

Is this the worst forum in the history of forums? - Or does no one ever bother to read it? I can't beleive I haven't had a reply to this simple question. I'll find my answer eventually when I go to my friend's house and have a look at the back of his CT-23 anyway. I just thought it would be nice to have the knowledge before I go there - and then I'd be able to bring the proper cable.

And furthermore . . . what kind of horse#$@t outfit charges $10.00 for an owner's manual in this day and age? I can get almost any manual for any device on-line - or at the very least - a picture or drawing of the back panel. I was shocked to see the lack of support for the older Carver products.

Disgusted-

RRR
RRR
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:03 am

Yep, terrible forum. Nothing here for you.....might as well go somewhere else.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

George

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:16 am

Another disatisfied customer.
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:41 am

Poor guy, he thinks this forum is run by Carver Corp. ](*,)
<<

rrreynolds

Post Sat May 01, 2004 12:26 am

Actually - I knew it wasn't run by Carver - but I thought it was frequented by Carver enthusiasts who would know the answer. Anyway - the answer is: there is no voltage trigger on the TFM-35. But there is a switched outlet or two on the CT-23. So, we'll try that, and see if the outlet is strong enough to carry the amperage of the TFM-35.
RRR
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat May 01, 2004 12:43 am

RRR,

That is never a good idea, those outlets (circuits) are not designed for use with a amp.

How are we doing now? \:D/

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

rrreynolds

Post Wed May 05, 2004 11:09 pm

Now that's more like it!
RRR
<<

GHOST

Post Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:28 am

ok. the switched are not for hooking up an amp. how about unswitched?
GHOST
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:38 am

No, never plug a amp into those outlet circuits. They are not rated to handle the juice from a amp.

<<

A Martin

Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:53 am

TFM 35 power consumption from pre-amp AC outputs

Hello,

F1nut is absolutely correct, the AC output from the rear of the pre-amp
will be around 100Watt switched and 200Watt unswitched.

A TFM 35 amplifier at full power into 8 ohms has the capacity to consumer 1000W well beyond the pre-amp AC outlets current capability.

These pre-amp AC outlets are there for low power devices such as
tape decks, CD-player etc.

Amplifiers should be directly plugged into the AC mains supply.

Hope this helps. O:)
Regards,

A. Martin
(Carver Enthusiast)
<<

daviton

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:02 pm

Re: TFM 35 power consumption from pre-amp AC outputs

A Martin wrote:Hello,

F1nut is absolutely correct, the AC output from the rear of the pre-amp
will be around 100Watt switched and 200Watt unswitched.

A TFM 35 amplifier at full power into 8 ohms has the capacity to consumer 1000W well beyond the pre-amp AC outlets current capability.

These pre-amp AC outlets are there for low power devices such as
tape decks, CD-player etc.

Amplifiers should be directly plugged into the AC mains supply.

Hope this helps. O:)
i would have to agree w/this reply.it's very strongly suggested that u use a main ac outlet for a carver amplifier bec/they draw out alot of current and the ac supply on the back of any preamp IS'NT sufficient enough.the reason i say this is from my lack of knowledge back some years ago when i had used one of these outlet's on my CT-7 to power a m4.0t.after listening to some music for awhile(moderately loud)...is when i had smelled something funny from the preamp,so about the time i got to shutting the preamp down it just stop playing.....i had cooked>ie; fried an electrical trace on a curcuit board!!! so hopefully u'll take the forum's advice and not use the preamp's outlet(s) to power any amplifier to ur system. just my opinion on this subject...david
<<

EuroStyle

Post Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:49 pm

I have all the items in my amp rack plugged into a Rane power center....has one master switch, surge protection, is rack mountable, and also has 2 lights that pull out and can be turned on to light up the components. They are used in commercial applications and DJ set ups, but it has been perfect for me in the home setting...not too expensive either...

Sean

Return to Carver Home (Audio)