FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:59 pm

The Carver Receiver

<<

xOrionDriver

Post Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:00 pm

The Carver Receiver

Hello, I just found this site via Google and am hoping someone can help. Back in the mid-1980s, I purchased "The Carver Receiver" and a pair of Bose 901 Series V speakers. I used this system for several years then moved on to other things. Until recently, these components had been sitting in boxes. I pulled them out and hooked things up only to find some distortion and channel cut-out until the receiver warms up. (I had the speakers tested and they checked out OK). I'd like to sell the receiver (and the speakers), but obviously it will need some attention first. (It also needs a control knob). My question: Are parts still available for this relic? Also, is the cost of servicing this thing going to be more than a fully functioning receiver is worth? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
<<

George

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:00 pm

I don't think Bose ever made a product worth listening to, HOWEVER, he advertises real good and has a pretty good following. That being said, I suggest you sell the speakers to some fool Bose lover (rape the snot out of him on the price) and use the money to fix the receiver. You'll probably end up with a lot of money left over after everything is said and done.
<<

xOrionDriver

Post Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:25 pm

Not a bad idea. Any fool Bose fans out wishing to participate in some forced snot copulation?
<<

George

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:35 pm

Not HERE man, most of these guys are in the know about Blose.

Forced snot copulation. It has a nice ring to it.

Return to Carver Home (Audio)