FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:17 am

Customer service at Sunfire is really bad, big time!

<<

Flash Gordon

Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:51 pm

Customer service at Sunfire is really bad, big time!

I bought a TG 5 about a month ago. The manual that came with the TG 5 was clearly stated for TG 4. Called the dealer and he was really shocked that I received the older manual. Dealer ordered the TG5 manual for me. When I review the new manual, I found out my remote was for the TG4 as well! Even though it works with my TG 5, but it is not the remote model for TG5. Called the dealer again......dealer called me back the next day. The answer I got from the dealer later was if I have problem with the remote then he will get it for me.......translate.....that means Sunfire does not have it yet. Wrote to Bob Carver about this issue over 3 weeks ago. Never got a reply either! By the way, I tried to register the TG 5 at the Sunfire website, I was rejected because the TG 5 was not listed, only the TG 4 was listed!!!

Clearly this is not the same company that I dealt with years ago at Carver. Now I sincerly regretted that I bought the Sunfire because of the extremely poor customer service and their numerous mistakes in packaging the product. I had other choices, but I think I made the wrong one. The performance of the product alone is only part of the whole package. It is what you do for the customer, after you made a mistake, that counts.
Equipment---too long to list
<<

Chuck_K

TFM-25

Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:45 pm

i have to agree. i called sunfire to purchase a schematic for my true sub. i was told they would not sell me a schematic. i later called back to get some voltage readings from a couple of test points - wouldn't give me that information either. [-( not a very friendly tech either...that kind of customer support is not what you expect when you pay lots for their equipment.
<<

camolenko

Post Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:34 pm

Ditto that. Recently called Sunfire for a return authorization for my C1000A. The guy was curt & made me feel like a technical dunce.
I never dealt with the Carver center but these guys could use a crash course in common courtesy. So much for genuises.
<<

Chuck_K

TFM-25

Post Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:51 pm

was it ken by any chance? can you imagine he told me 'we don't give out that information' when i asked him for the voltage on one pin of a chip? not to mention that piece of equipment was truly built like a POS.

Return to Carver Home (Theater)