FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:16 am

Carver M500T Question

<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:40 am

Are you sure your not a George Carlin wanna-be George?
That was a good one. \:D/

Long live Rush :-# :-# O:) =D> \:D/
<<

George

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:30 am

Positive I'm not a George Carlin wannabe. I'm Batman.
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:38 am

bye
Last edited by maddmaxxx on Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

George

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:06 pm

Wheels of Fire, and Live Cream Vols. 1 and 2.

Clapton shot his load at The Fillmore West with Crossroads. He never played anything as hot as that again. He stuck his neck out big-time on that couple solos, and the audience got rewarded in spades.
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:49 pm

bye
Last edited by maddmaxxx on Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
<<

George

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:43 pm

If you remember correctly, one album of the double album "Wheels of Fire" was live, the other was in the studio. One entire side of the live album was a harmonica solo (brushes by Ginger Baker) by Jack Bruce called "Traintime", and the long drum solo called "Toad".

There was a mini-Toad on the Fresh Cream album. Not exactly my favorite drummer, but still a trailblazer with that band during that time frame.
<<

thall

TFM-35

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:37 pm

George,
Rush has a cd out now called Feedback (I think). It includes a cover of Crossroads. The nerve of some folks. I actually like their version of Mr. Soul.
On the subject of the M-500, mine has served me very well over the years and in my younger, dumber daze, I abused it some might say. Untill I got on this forum I had no idea there was such a thing as a Carver Service Dept.

Thank goodness for thermal protection.
<<

George

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:37 pm

Mr. Soul? You sir, are old. Buffalo Springfield if memory serves. Was that a great musical time to be alive or what?

There are few bands I dislike more than Rush, and I've never owned one of their albums.
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:49 pm

George wrote: There are few bands I dislike more than Rush, and I've never owned one of their albums.

Astonishing! If you can get past your reasoning for just 40 minutes try Permanent Waves.

But then again I cannot shut the system down fast enough when anything Springsteen comes on. Bleeee-yuck!

weitrhino
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:26 am

I DEARLY LOVE 2112
<<

George

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:27 am

Rhino,

I have been subjected to Rush countless times. Durations much longer than 40 minutes. Experience, not blind prejudice, prevents me from owning any Rush material. You can finish being astonished now and go back to whatever your normal state of mind is.
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:10 pm

-VOCALISTS=determent

-2112 was good-stuff , just don't care for the 'voice'=not my style.... if i remember right..they were a 3 man band.....which is always a nice concert to see.....just the 'voice' deters me from pursuing their material.../Lefty.....P.S.kinda like led-zeplin,i did'nt care for robert plant, the music was good noise though....OPINION-only.....does anybody make a [robert plant]-MUTE,switch?
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
<<

avguytx

TFM-6cb

Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:58 pm

That's how I feel about Guns and Roses. Axel Rose has got to be THE ultimate worst singer of all time. If any song of theirs comes on the radio, it's an instant change. I could tolerate the music aspect of the band, but he has the most annoying voice ever. Slash is a great guitarist, too. I grew up in the hair band era (I'm 40 now) and played in bands from about the time I was 15 to 30 and listen to a lot of hard rock still. If only you could delete his voice out of the songs! lol
<<

74bronco

Newbie 50+

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:11 am

If those singer voices bother you you all need to listen to alittle black oak arkansas :-k
voltage squared divided by ohms=watts
-------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha vsx 661(7)m1.0t(1)m1.5t(1)m200t deceased(2)m400a's(1)tfm24,ct-7,pt2400 doing sub duty,original amazings
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:29 am

74bronco wrote
If those singer voices bother you you all need to listen to alittle black oak arkansas

What's wrong Jim Dandy didn't come to the rescue? Saw them here in Bucyrus at the Mad Bull opening for BTO. They kicked ass, late Randy Bachman came on stage playing his guitar with and drum stick with a tee-shirt proclaiming BTO as "1/2 ton of Rock&Roll".

George wrote
And there were no blind listening tests during the Carver Amp Challenge in Santa Fe. It was straightforward listening to the M1.0 and the Conrad- Johnson Premier Fives. It wasn't a tube vs transistor thing either. The challenge was he could make his amp sound like ANY amp out there, in 48 hours or less. It was Stereophile that chose the target amp. If you recall, after only 24 hours alone in the hotel room, he felt he had achieved his goal and called the Stereophile guys in for a listen. If you recall, they listened and came away of the opinion "They sound exactly alike.... but your amp has a much cleaner and tighter low end." If you recall, he sent them back home, went to work muddying up the low end, called them back the next day, and THAT is when the Stereophile guys threw in the towel.

Not quite accurate

.......and from Stereofile :

[quote]Carver caused a stir in the industry in the mid-1980s when he challenged two high-end audio magazines to give him any audio amplifier at any price, and he’d duplicate its sound in one of his lower cost (and usually much more powerful) designs. Two magazines took him up on the challenge.

First, The Audio Critic chose a Mark Levinson ML-2 which Bob acoustically copied (transfer function duplication) and sold as his M1.5t amplifier (the “tâ€
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Home (Theater)