FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Building a Home Theater with AL-III's

<<

Big Nate

Newbie 50+

Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:21 am

Building a Home Theater with AL-III's

This year I would like to complete my home theater speaker system, but I uncertain about a proper match for the ribbon design of the AL-III's.
Does any one have a suggestion on center channel and rear speakers? For some time I have toyed with the idea of obtaining another pair of AL-III's for the rear, which for me would be ideal. I really want something that will compliment my ribbons, they are the best speakers I have ever had the pleasure of listening to.

:-$ Any comments or suggestions would be great!
Big Nate from Chicago
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:53 am

IF you like ribbons, buy yourself a set of these, and just try them !!! I found a set at Wal-Mart 2 years ago, and said, "For $100 I'll try them, if I don't like them, I can always take them back" Needless to say I wound up buying (7) sets the next week !!! I am using them everywhere. Computer speakers at work and home, CD in my room, SURROUNDs in my livingroom and so on. U get the point....
IF YOU BUY A SET.. MAKE SURE THEY ARE THE ((MM)) or ((IM)) SERIES.. the MH suck. I think Curcuit City is carying the MM-IM series now...

Here's what I am using.... Monsoon MM-700
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=3702

O bought small pivot mount brackets and made small adaptors to mount them to the walls. ( If you try and like them we cam make you a set of adaptors if needed )
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:23 pm

Check out what this guy has for sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=14993
<<

Big Nate

Newbie 50+

Post Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:31 pm

Impressive, but the guy says nothing about the physical shape of the speakers. Mine are in natural oak and I know from experience the fins can be easily damaged. Douglas TV out of Chicago damaged the pair pair I brought from them. They ended up sending a furinture craftsman to repair the damage. Too big of a risk for me.

Thanks for the post Dave!
Big Nate from Chicago
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:08 pm

surround speakers

I recomend Definitive Technology,if the color will work.
Great sound.

Return to Carver Home (Theater)