FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:42 pm

Amazing silver capabilities

<<

audioassassin77

TFM-45

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:00 pm

Amazing silver capabilities

Hello again to all. could someone please post the specs for the amazing silvers? also as a sonic comparison how do they rate VS ALIIIs? the reason i ask is that a pair has made its self available to me. i would like to keep the IIIs and use them as rears in a HT set-up. would they balance well with the silvers?
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:05 pm

You'll have to ask the Maddmannn about that ! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
<<

audioassassin77

TFM-45

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:13 pm

maddmaxx, a moment of your time, please?
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:06 pm

-A.D.D.'ed it

-gentlemen ; i'm a dedicated 2 channel guy[in this 'sitiation']...silvers rule [by a large amount],[neighbor gots the ALIII's] , however , in a theatre sitiation i have no experience....mr.jimw[of this 'Forum'], has been using ALIII's and beleive he is more qualified to answer your question,in regards to a theatre sitiation....sorry had a phone call,in the middle of this '[printing] and forgot what i was talking about[ADD].OH, this is merely an opinion,PLEASE don't snowball my trucky or house,face etc. got it...../mx
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:29 pm

-I REMEBERED!

-OH,at one time, i really did'nt know why ALIII's were made?. i believe ,[w/forthought of the future],mr.carver had a 'theatre' scenario in mind[more than 2 ch.],[youths-today],[i'm too old,to apreciate!]....O.K. comence snowball fight!
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:52 pm

Re: Amazing silver capabilities

audioassassin77 wrote: could someone please post the specs for the amazing silvers?

According to the 1990 sales brochure...
48" full range ribbon driver
3 specially designed 12 inch long excursion subwoofers
23-40kHz frequency response+-3db from reference level
119 dBa maximum SPL
600 watt power handling
27.5Wx54Hx10D

Hope this helps!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:39 am

-sir treitz3 ; that's pretty good,[i'm lazy]....BUT.....specs., just don't do justice!.....plats. and silvers,to me ,are 2ch.listener's dream.....being a cheap guy,i have smaller rooms to heat in[mi.-$$$],so silvers have been my obsession.....there's no going back,i'm that pleased at their performance.... specs.on ALIII'S....may dictate diferent ,but forward-firing woofs,is well,a 'majestic'listening experience...../mx
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
<<

Chuck1

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:45 pm

audioassassin77,

I have both the Amazing Silvers and the ALIII's in a home theater setup - driven by Sunfire CG Sig amp. The ALIII's are used for the rear surrounds. Absolutely awesome ! Blend very well. Before I purchased the Silvers, I was using some old EPI A10 speakers - which did an excellent job for the rear surrounds, but the horn tweeters definately had a "different" sound than the front ALIII ribbons - did not blend very well.

Chuck
<<

audioassassin77

TFM-45

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:21 pm

suggestion for front and rear centers? perhaps detaching the "batwings" from another set of allls?
<<

audioassassin77

TFM-45

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:25 pm

also. is it safe to transport the amazings(short distance), and how? i have heard the ribbons can become detached in transit. i would hate to damage something as beautiful as these.
thanx
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:29 pm

audioassassin77 wrote: is it safe to transport the amazings(short distance), and how?

It is and has been proven before. Somewhere in the Carver speaker thread [I think] there is instructions on how to ship properly.

Here it is...Good luck!

http://www.carveraudio.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 95&start=0
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

jimw

TFM-6cb

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:26 pm

Looks as though most of your questions have been answered but I'll add my $.02.

The ALIII's make great rears with Silvers or Platinums. I've currently got all three. The Silvers beat out the AL's in low end for sure.

However, once you've got Silvers for front and ALIII's for rear, you'll be looking for a center. There are two of us that I know of here that are planning to make a center utilizing carver ribbon(s).

If you've got the room, a pair of any of the three on either side of the screen (or behind it if you're doing the projector) is AWESOME!! But for a normal sized room, you'll be looking to set a ribbon horizontally over/under the screeen.

Keep us posted.
<<

jimw

TFM-6cb

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:27 pm

treitz3 wrote:
audioassassin77 wrote: could someone please post the specs for the amazing silvers?

According to the 1990 sales brochure...
48" full range ribbon driver
3 specially designed 12 inch long excursion subwoofers
23-40kHz frequency response+-3db from reference level
119 dBa maximum SPL
600 watt power handling
27.5Wx54Hx10D

Hope this helps!

23-40??? Has to be a typo???

Here are the ALIII+ specs
The ALIII Plus is quite simply one of the best sounding loudspeakers in the world. It's unusual styling, magnificent audio imaging and affordable price make the ALIII Plus one of the best loudspeaker values as well. A recent magazine profile pointed out, when comparing the ALIII Plus with other much more expensive speakers; "With a 48" ribbon dipole and a 10" down firing subwoofer the ALIII Plus has an exquisite sound that is just, quite simply, second to none."

48" Full range ribbon driver
10" down-firing ported woofer
Hand matched oak in natural or black
Made in Washington, USA

BiDACâ„¢ decoding system
Anechoic Frequency Response: 34Hz -20kHz +/-3dB
Impedance - nominal 4 Ohms
Sensitivity - 86 dB ref. to 1 watt at 1 meter
Crossover - 150 Hz
Ribbon Driver - 48-inch dipole ribbon
Woofer - 10-inch Quasi-butterworth 3rd order aligned downward firing woofer system
Recommended Power - Up to 600 watts per channel - 65 watts minimum
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:32 pm

-mr. jimw ; did you sell the 'silvers'?....boy-oh-boy,what a 'buyers'-market for either,i can't beleive what ALIII's and silvers,can be 'had' for??....i said some dbl.prayers for you,but did'nt check-up.....your pal/mx......p.s.depressing 'riding' weather,hope you keep your indian='best'bike w/out a ground-up build!!!,watch out for the 'cages'out there[we'll never have'em trained to see us]....peace..
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:30 am

jimw wrote:23-40??? Has to be a typo???

No sir. For the Plat's and Silvers.

Next

Return to Carver Home (Theater)