jimw

TFM-6cb

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:42 am

No wonder I like my Plats so much!
<<

audioassassin77

TFM-45

Post Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:32 pm

sorry to revive this old thread, but i felt an update was in order. thanks to all for the input.
in the end i did not end up purchacing the silvers(much to my regret). two days before i was to audition them my beautiful 6 year old daughter put a hole it the front foam cover of my mint oak ALIIIs. pure accident involving an overly enthusiastic air guitar solo. the ribbon was not damaged but the foam looks terrible.
this incident kept me from buying the silvers, and also immediately put my ALIIIs into retirement. perhaps when the young one gets older and less active.
in the mean time i have set up the most offensive set of speakers i could find and returned to two channel(2.1) listening. the audiosphere 18L monitors im running now sound like shit, but boy do they project when fed off of bridged m400ts. and if anything happens to them i wont feel(again) the sickness of seeing my carver gear hurt.
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:11 am

audioassasin77 wrote
this incident kept me from buying the silvers, and also immediately put my ALIIIs into retirement. perhaps when the young one gets older and less active.

You wouldn't want to part with them would you? I mean it would be a shame to just leave them in a closet not being used and all, they might get lonely or you might even forget they're there. O:) Better to sell them to Magnaryder and send them to a home where they'll be loved......are they here yet? :-# :-# :-#
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
Previous

Return to Carver Home (Theater)