FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:16 pm

C1000 advice needed

<<

diy-music

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:38 pm

C1000 advice needed

I recieved a C1000, however when I pluged it in, it is DOA. I am using a computer power cord, because I have none of the orriginal items. I have contacted sunfire, and they are sending me a NOS power cord, but I dont think that will help.

Does anyone know anything about trouble shooting this unit? Where is the fuse located?

Has anyone had one of the repaired from sunfire, if so, what should I expect to pay?

Also, Is anyone intereseted in purchasing a DOA Carver c1000?

Any assistance would be greatly apprechiated.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 pm

First, WELCOME to the forum! O:) =D>

Second, do you have a multimeter you can use to check there is power through the cord? That would be the first place I'd look. ](*,)

Third: Toy Maker, carveraudio.com site administrator, has a C1000a and might be able to answer your questions. \:D/

Good Luck! Hope it's an easy fix...
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

diy-music

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:03 pm

Thanks for the welcome, I have been lurking waiting to get my account activated.

I guess this item can only be repaired by sunfire. Ill be contacting them tomorrow. $350 flat fee for fixing the whole thing if I can't figure it out on my own. Hopefully that fee covers ecerything, cause its completely dead right now.

I dont have any testing equipment to check what you mentioned. My uncle may, Ill check to see

I am most likely going to sell this item as I don't have the $350 to blow on fixing it, too bad, I was psyched when I read the reviews, it sounds like it would be a really good thing to hold onto (collectors item, limited, recalled or something, and GREAT SOUND.)

If you know anyone that might be willing to purchase this, have em send me a PM. Im in schaumburg, suburb outside chicago, and local pick up is welcome.

I guess I should respect the rules of this board and move these respective discussions to the Repair and For sale sections.
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:10 pm

Actually Rolland at High-Tech is the place to go for Carver Service since he is the one with the stellar reputation AND all tho orginal Carver spare parts.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

diy-music

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:57 pm

I actually have already contacted roland, who refered me to Sunfire. From what I understand, this is basically the only unit sunfire will service, the reason being that they sell (or sold, im no expert) one almost exactly like this one. I think this is the only product that carver basically kept for sunfire, but I very well may be mistaken.
<<

bikerdude523

TFM-55

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:35 pm

Sunfire made the C1000 (using the Carver logo) long after Carver closed there doors.
Not sure if the fix is this simple or not, but to power up the C-1000 the power button has to be pressed and then the standby button.
2 channel rig
Sunfire Classic vacuum tube Preamp: (3) M-4.0t's: SD/A-490t: Polk Audio SDA SRS: Velodyne SMS-1: (2) Velodyne DLS5000R's

Return to Carver Home (Theater)