FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:11 am

New lower-end flat panel loudspeakers?

<<

baddfingerz

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:48 pm

New lower-end flat panel loudspeakers?

I don't know who managed to keep the Carver moniker but I saw some narrow, flat, long loudspeakers for home theater at ridiculous close-out prices.

This place: parts-express.com really sells the mondo deals when they buy out a companies' whole inventory but these prices were so low that I thought they must be really modest speakers.

I didn't even know they made speakers but w/ the new economy whoever calls themselves Carver probably could import rat turds if there was a market.

C'mon now..Some of you own some serious Carver surround systems. Any opinions please?
Better a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front o' me...
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:07 pm

If you are talking about those TS-line speakers (the silver ones) then you are right--those are from teh VERY end of the Carver era, and are pretty much crap. They might be good for "background music", and might even be OK for side and rear speakers in a 5.1, 7.1 or 9.1 setup, but they are pretty much useless as main speakers.

However, if you are talking about the "Bohlender Graebener RD48 Planar Transducer", those are supposed to be good drivers. I've never heard them myself, but they seem to be popular with DIY builders. You might ask "Toymaker" if he's heard them--if anyone has, it would be him...

--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:44 pm

-good to see you're still around, mr badfinger[apreciate your point of view]

-i've got the bg 48"er's, that i bought off a 'joe rockhead'...their from parts express[rcpt = 1300.00 !]...their a rivet type as opposed to screw together type[carver] and have a 'tighter' ribbon...i prefer the sound of rebuilts[carver] and if i can tell the dif., any off you could

-had a pr of those[china built], silver 'bookshelf spks,[35.oo ?]... pretty good for my 100yr old tv, that a glass of penies fell indside of...i'm not opening up a tv/stereo compnent['cept for blu-led's/fuse or MAYBE to check solderjoints and passive x-over repair]..anyways there ok[if you have an old tv w/an external spk amp...i liked 'em for that use]

-probably alright for a low-fi surround or garage/shop envirenment
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro

Return to Carver Home (Theater)