FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:22 pm

HDMI

<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:41 am

I took the advice of the HT guy that set up my system. He told me the best video signal quality is with HDMI followed in decending order by componant (RGB) cable then coax. HDMI is convenient because it carries both audio & video in one cable.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:40 am

I dislike HDMI's lack of locking connections. I still use optical or coxial for sound because the Quality, for me, is not good enough in HDMI cables.

engtaz
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:14 am

BluRay will NOT last.... Sony tries this shit every couple years. They try to come out with some new fucking proprietary media format, double the price of it, and hope it flies !!!
Look at Bata, MiniDisk, the PSP's "UMD" disks, and now Blu-Ray..
I bought a Upconverter DVD player at BestBuy for $99, and it makes my 46" Sony LCD look like a photograph !
Stick with a $100 DVD player, and widescreen DVD's for $12 a pop till the DVD war is over, then you will know what to buy.
I think BluRay will vanish, just like the Movies on UMD did last year.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

74bronco

Newbie 50+

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:03 pm

First I think Blu Ray will NEVER die ,atleast not intell all the ps3's out there
die!!. Second I have run my system via my ps3 both hdmi and rgb with optical cable and can say that the optical cable may have a slight edge in regular 2 channel or 5 channel playback,just seems alittle more detailed and transperent then the hdmi,both still sound great compared to a weak set of rca's! the hdmi does seem to have the edge with the picture over the rgb though!.my satellite system is a older hughes reciever. with out optical or hdmi and music playback or audio from it via it's rca analog sucks even with good ic's,mostly because it's conversion processing sucks!!,will be upgrading to the new dish vip722 in a few days and hope it and dishnet have better audio! ,going to have to look into these oppo units sounds like. :-k

yamaha vsx661 (4)m1.ot's,m200t,m1.5t,infinity reference sixs highly modified,cv vs120's modified, and one set custom made, jlaudio subs.
voltage squared divided by ohms=watts
-------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha vsx 661(7)m1.0t(1)m1.5t(1)m200t deceased(2)m400a's(1)tfm24,ct-7,pt2400 doing sub duty,original amazings
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:15 pm

IMHO, I think it best to avoid getting the video into your pre/pro if at all possible - which means buying a TV with enough inputs to satisfy your video switching needs. That said, I could have been happy with DVI forever, but in that HDMI has taken over, I still run it into my TV, BUT run S/PDIF to the pre-pro (coax or optical). I don't even have the sound turned on in the TV in my media room.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Return to Carver Home (Theater)