It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:05 am

Have you seen this ? ( Just for fun )

<<

JohnW

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:48 pm

Have you seen this ? ( Just for fun )

http://blog.audiovideointeriors.com/208great/

I don't think there are any Carver products in the list, but not everything pictured IS on the lists, so...
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:55 pm

What I find most interesting about this setup is that in all the pictures, there is not a single cable of any sort--power cords, ICs, speaker cables--visible. The overhead pic of the amps doesn't evenshow that they are hooked up. I wonder how he gets power to the components and the music back out without any cables?...

--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

audiophile101

TFM-55

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:38 pm

I see many things that could be improved on in this system but who am I? The average Joe will say "he spent 6 million dollars, he knows more than you or anybody". I call BS to that. He may be a genius and know more than everybody but I don't know that and you don't know that either. I say it's ridiculous, some say it's a dream come true and it's 6 mil well spent. This is why they make Chevys and Fords. It's not that I feel he is greedy or I'm jealous, it just seems crazy. If he donated 100 million to charity I would still say it's crazy to spend 6 mil on a theatre. To each their own. #-o
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:52 pm

Maybe they ran the wires through the floors?
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

audiophile101

TFM-55

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:15 pm

They probably were removed for the photo shoot. I'm sure all those wires taken out sure cleans up the photo!
<<

tfm75

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:36 pm

I think it's cool when we see a system like this. It's a shame when people left so many bad coments on http://blog.audiovideointeriors.com/208great/

Were all doing the same thing but within our own life style and budget. He just has more money to be where he is for his passion. I wonder just how honest people are to each other. Were always cheering on each other on the forum, helping with problems, we even call each other and have a great time talking to each other. Some of us has actualy had dinner with another member and his family. So on a certian level we will support each other's love of this hobbie, but some how when we see an over the top audio system like this all people do is bag on the dude. I don't know I like to feel gratful for what I do have and have no negitive feelings to those that have systems like this. The only time I get upset is when I see a system like this and you see the owner couldn't give a crap. But he sure looks down to earth to me and he looks happy there in the pictures.
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:53 pm

tfm75 wrote:I think it's cool when we see a system like this. It's a shame when people left so many bad coments on http://blog.audiovideointeriors.com/208great/

Were all doing the same thing but within our own life style and budget. He just has more money to be where he is for his passion. I wonder just how honest people are to each other. Were always cheering on each other on the forum, helping with problems, we even call each other and have a great time talking to each other. Some of us has actualy had dinner with another member and his family. So on a certian level we will support each other's love of this hobbie, but some how when we see an over the top audio system like this all people do is bag on the dude. I don't know I like to feel gratful for what I do have and have no negitive feelings to those that have systems like this. The only time I get upset is when I see a system like this and you see the owner couldn't give a crap. But he sure looks down to earth to me and he looks happy there in the pictures.

Amen Timmy ! \:D/
<<

audiophile101

TFM-55

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:55 am

Hell, I'd be happy too!

Your right in many ways tfm75 but as you saw with the many negative comments not everybody thinks the same. There's billions of people in the world and who is like you... nobody! We all differ and it shows everlasting. I'm not bashing that system and honestly I do like it even though I think it's crazy in so many ways. Can I think of better ways to spend 6 million dollars? Yes. Could he... Nope! His money, his brain, his system. The good thing is all that high end gear is sure to hold up in value quite well. I guess you could look at it as a fun investment. I want my investments to look like that!!!!!

All I want is one of those Mcintosh MC2102 amps and he has 30 of em'. He should upgrade to all MC2000's and donate the 2102's to me. I'll share I promise! O:)
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:49 am

TOO bad the CarverAudio Cable Co. didn`t find this guy when he was just in the planning stages. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Return to Carver Home (Theater)