FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:27 pm

Center Channel speaker w/ribbon??

<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:09 pm

Center Channel speaker w/ribbon??

What is a good match to Carver speakers?

Thanks,
engtaz
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:36 am

Re: Center Channel speaker w/ribbon??

Looks like your post got lost in the new forum shuffle. Some have used Martin Logan electrostatics for center channel; I know that's what Dreamer uses. Jimw recommended this: http://www.carveraudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4670
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

wrat

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon May 05, 2008 2:16 pm

another center that has a ribbon tweeter is here
http://www.htd.com/cabinet-speakers/lev ... el-Speaker
although I dont know if it is any good I am thinking of trying one to go with my Apogees
<<

RichP714

SILVER-7t

Post Mon May 05, 2008 2:52 pm

Thre are some that say the best cnter channel is to set your decode for phantom center; the center channep gets mixed into the left/right.
<<

sixstringer99

Post Mon May 05, 2008 4:02 pm

That VMPS speaker posted above does look really sweet. Looks kind of expensive as well, I don't know, I haven't checked the price yet. But, since the original question was for a good match center channel speaker for his Amazing speakers, I can highly recommend the speaker that I am using now. It may be a little surprising but I found the Infinity Interlude IL-36 to be a powerful match for my Amazing loudspeakers. The voices in movie sound tracks come through very realistically and the music is not harmed by the addition of this speaker. It is somewhat enhanced actually with 5.1 music. The cost factor was also a major benefit, I think the IL-36 originally retailed for only $499. and you can probably score a good deal on Audiogon or eBay for a used one. I had gone through a couple of different center channel speakers unhappily and was thinking about the Martin Logan until I bought an IL-25 (the little brother to the IL-36) for my other sound system upstairs. I was so impressed that I decided to try the bigger IL-36 on my main system. No need to upgrade any further. Just to complete the picture, I am using the Interlude IL-30's for my rear surround speakers.

Return to Carver Home (Theater)