It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:53 pm

S-Video Pre-Amps / Receivers

<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:38 pm

Re: S-Video Pre-Amps / Receivers

maninblack,

It's not lame if you get ripped off. What makes the forum good it they agreed to set some minimums to protect members.

Sorry you feel that way,
engtaz
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:57 pm

maninblack wrote:Really? - that's lame... I used that section quite alot, now I have to wait a while to see it, that's retarded...

TNRabbit wrote:
maninblack wrote:I think I found what I need, the C-29V has S-Video in / ouputs. - Anyone have one in good condition with working remote they'd want to part with? - By the way, what happened to the classifieds section?

Thanx - Guys!

You have to meet the minimum post count (50) to be able to view the classified section. This was put in effect to stop hit & run members from selling their wares.

Give it a while maninblack. You'll come to understand why we do what we do around here. O:)
<<

maninblack

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:11 am

Give it a while maninblack. You'll come to understand why we do what we do around here. O:)[/quote]

Ya, I guess ](*,) I really liked looking at the classifieds though, guess I just need more time here... I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge displayed here. O:)
"To Remind Us Of The Ones Who Are Held Back, Up Front There Oughta Be A Man In Black." - Johnny Cash
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:47 am

Maninblack, the Carver ct-28v also has S-video in and out provisions as well as composite video. I am pretty sure that the only difference between the ct-28v and the ct-29v is the 29v has the capability to run the multi room function. I have noticed the 28v's are easier to find for sale. Just another option for you.

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

maninblack

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:23 am

Rainman wrote:Maninblack, the Carver ct-28v also has S-video in and out provisions as well as composite video. I am pretty sure that the only difference between the ct-28v and the ct-29v is the 29v has the capability to run the multi room function. I have noticed the 28v's are easier to find for sale. Just another option for you.

Rainman

Really? - I was not aware of that, I'll explore that option more, thanx!
"To Remind Us Of The Ones Who Are Held Back, Up Front There Oughta Be A Man In Black." - Johnny Cash
<<

maninblack

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:04 am

Upon evaluating the following 2 pictures of both a CT28V & CT29V, I notice than on the back panel of the CT29V, just to the right of the jumped Pre-Out / Main-In jacks, there are a pair of RCA connections that I cannot make out, they are right under the Green Multi-Room Out jack, anybody know what these are? - Possibly an external EQ loop? - Also, on the front panel of the CT29V, there is an additional row of buttons above the Input Selections to the right of the main Volume knob, any input as to what these are? - I cannot see them clearly.

CT-29V - http://ebay.auction.co.kr/detail.html?I ... 0218545099

CT-28V - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:19 am

Just to make sure that you get all the info regarding these two units I will get out the owners manuals for both of them. I will take a real good look at both manuals because now you have me wondering. I will post the findings for you this afternoon.
Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

maninblack

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:54 am

Awsome, I appreciate it!

Rainman wrote:Just to make sure that you get all the info regarding these two units I will get out the owners manuals for both of them. I will take a real good look at both manuals because now you have me wondering. I will post the findings for you this afternoon.
Rainman
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:33 am

Maninblack, the differences between the ct-28v and the ct-29v are as follows:

1. The extra row of buttons above the input select buttons on the 29 are for the multi-room functions that the 28 does not have.

2. On the back of the 29 there are 3 rca connectors that are not on the 28. There are one pair which is the outputs for the multi-room feature and one single which is for the credit card remote that controls the multi-room feature.

Other than these few things I can't see any other differences between the two. One thing you should be aware of if you are considering a 29v is that you will only be able to use the mult-room feature if the 29v comes with the multi room module, cables, and credit card remote. That was something you could buy from Carver, but as you know has not been available for a long time. These multi-room kits are getting hard to find these days, but I still see them on ebay every once and awhile. I hope this info was what you needed, but if you need something more let me know.
Rainman

<<

maninblack

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:34 am

Awsome! - Thanx for the info it is much appreciated!

Rainman wrote:Maninblack, the differences between the ct-28v and the ct-29v are as follows:

1. The extra row of buttons above the input select buttons on the 29 are for the multi-room functions that the 28 does not have.

2. On the back of the 29 there are 3 rca connectors that are not on the 28. There are one pair which is the outputs for the multi-room feature and one single which is for the credit card remote that controls the multi-room feature.

Other than these few things I can't see any other differences between the two. One thing you should be aware of if you are considering a 29v is that you will only be able to use the mult-room feature if the 29v comes with the multi room module, cables, and credit card remote. That was something you could buy from Carver, but as you know has not been available for a long time. These multi-room kits are getting hard to find these days, but I still see them on ebay every once and awhile. I hope this info was what you needed, but if you need something more let me know.
Rainman
Previous

Return to Carver Home (Theater)