FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:19 pm

Canadian Sunfire Dealers

<<

tah800

TFM-25

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:37 pm

Canadian Sunfire Dealers

Just wondering if there are any Sunfire Dealers in Canada. Can't find a thing on their website. Thxs Art
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:54 pm

Re: Canadian Sunfire Dealers

Yeah, I had the same problem when I searched their site. Maybe the Web designer just hates Canada and decided that we didn't deserve access to the information ... :D
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

rolereversal

TFM-25

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:19 pm

This is an old article but perhaps they still distribute?
http://www.audio-ideas.com/reviews/rece ... eiver.html
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:18 pm

Nope, checked them out a few months ago. They no longer carry Sunfire gear.
<<

tah800

TFM-25

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:13 am

Just received an email from the head honcho at Evolution Audio Video in Toronto. He actually sold me my Silver 9T's and we have corresponded on and off ever since. His company was the major distributor for Carver when the company was still up and running. They also handled the Sunfire line until it was taken over by by a company called Elan. Their distribution line has been amalgamated with this company. Since Elan already has a distribution center in their area Evolution is no longer able to handle the Sunfire line. The CEO feels that this new company is doing a piss poor job especially in the area of Canadian distribution. Now one might think that he is just pissed off at them for taking away the line but the absolute lack of any Canadian retailers on their website just bears out his point. He also suggested that I let Sunfire know what I think about this lack of Canadian retail imformation and I for one am going to let them know. Knowing the kind of guy Bon Carver is I'm really afraid he is going to get pissed off at this takeover and abandon Sunfire all together. As far as I'm concerned Sunfire is just a continuation of the Carver line and I would hate to see that disappear too. Art
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:34 am

Thanks for the update tah800. I knew they no longer carried the line but I didn't know why. The people at Evolution are great and didn't deserve this, but what can they do about it.

Now it all makes sense.
<<

docadillac

TFM-25

Post Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:51 pm

Finding a Sunfire dealer up here is like trying to find a good smoked meat sandwich in WaWa Ontario. It doesn't exist.
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:21 pm

Finding a Sunfire dealer — anywhere — is a problem. Most are installers with no stock whatsoever. They'll sell you a whole house installation — but want some speakers or an amp — nope!
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:39 pm

docadillac wrote:Finding a Sunfire dealer up here is like trying to find a good smoked meat sandwich in WaWa Ontario. It doesn't exist.

You are Canadian docadillac??? What part of the country or was WaWa a good enough clue? If you want some GOOD smoked meat, I can always arrange to have you some shipped from Schwartzes (best smoked meat in the WORLD, no contest!).
Last edited by OBI56 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:55 pm

Regardless of where you live, this is a sad moment in the history of Sunfire. :(

Threads like this should not exist IMO.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

tah800

TFM-25

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:50 am

Threads like this should not exist IMO???????????????????????????????????. Not sure what you're trying to say. Art
<<

tfm75

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:13 am

I think what he was saying was that its sad that Sunfire is slipping away and its sad we have as an only resorce is to see them slip away and it's just not right. There should be no thread on this subjuct but life is what it is and we are seeing Sunfire Corp go away. All I can say is I hate Steve Jobs for making the I-pod, Not that its a bad product but the younger generation wants it RIGHT NOW, so good by to great sound for the now thing!
Between FrankieD and I we have logged in over 12,000 miles going and coming from Carverfest's. Don't let the miles in between play with your mind. Get over it, jump on a plane get to the fest and have a great time !
<<

docadillac

TFM-25

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:39 pm

OBI56 wrote:
docadillac wrote:Finding a Sunfire dealer up here is like trying to find a good smoked meat sandwich in WaWa Ontario. It doesn't exist.

You are Canadian docadillac??? What part of the country or was WaWa a good enough clue? If you want some GOOD smoked meat, I can always arrange to have you some shipped from Schwartzes (best smoked meat in the WORLD, no contest!).

I would absolutely take you up on that (the smoked meat that is) Schwartzes aka the Montreal Hebrew Delicatessen is the best smoked meat in the world. I haven't had GREAT smoked meat sandwich since leaving Montreal in '81. That was a big time tease!! :lol:
<<

ViperZ

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:34 am

docadillac wrote:
OBI56 wrote:

I would absolutely take you up on that (the smoked meat that is) Schwartzes aka the Montreal Hebrew Delicatessen is the best smoked meat in the world. I haven't had GREAT smoked meat sandwich since leaving Montreal in '81. That was a big time tease!! :lol:

Ha! This was the first smoked meat place where my friend took me in Montreal :).
<<

PDR

TFM-45

Post Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:11 pm

Audio 5.1 in Edmonton still sells some Sunfire gear.............

The pricing sucks though.

Perry
Next

Return to Carver Home (Theater)