FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:26 pm

Multi port HDMI interface exist?

<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:50 am

Re: Multi port HDMI interface exist?

Here is another option from Parasound..... This one seems to be highly recommended as well as reviewed quite well...

http://www.parasound.com/ParasoundZ/zhd.php

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

JBJR

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:49 pm

I'll bet that bad boy is more than 20 bucks \:D/ :lol: !!
M1.0t (x3), Silver 9t (x2), M200, C-4000, TX-11b,
<<

ferrari

TFM-35

Post Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:27 pm

good evening
If you go to parts-express.com, you will find an 1 in 4 out hdmi switcher.
Ferrari
keep the faith my friends :)
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:16 am

JBJR wrote:I'll bet that bad boy is more than 20 bucks \:D/ :lol: !!

Oh, I am quite sure that it is more than twenty bucks, but I bet that the picture on your T.V. and other things won't look like you have them switched through something that was less than twenty bucks :-k :-k
Actually I do not have any Parasound gear, but my wife knows the person who owns the local Parasound dealer if you get curious on what it actually costs.....

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

JBJR

Newbie 50+

Post Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:50 pm

Rainman wrote:
JBJR wrote:I'll bet that bad boy is more than 20 bucks \:D/ :lol: !!

Oh, I am quite sure that it is more than twenty bucks, but I bet that the picture on your T.V. and other things won't look like you have them switched through something that was less than twenty bucks :-k :-k
Actually I do not have any Parasound gear, but my wife knows the person who owns the local Parasound dealer if you get curious on what it actually costs.....

Rainman

I have been invovled in multiple HT installs, some in excess of $750k. We are installing CRT projectors for those still looking for the ultimite in image quality, some are blend setups using 2 projectors on a 12' screen or larger. We looked at many switches and if distance isn't a problem we saw no difference in any of the switches as long as they passed the signal. However, most of the the people we did these type of installs had no problem spending more for switch that looked pretty in their rack!

John

John
M1.0t (x3), Silver 9t (x2), M200, C-4000, TX-11b,
<<

PeteW

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:08 pm

The parasound Zhd retails for $600. I am a parasound dealer and use quite a bit of the Z series products when I need to expand systems. The biggest reason they cost more is that they just plain work, and they work for a long time.

In my line of work dodgy and/or cheap equipment creates service calls which makes us lose money and our wealthy clients don't accept excuses when their systems don't work.

I know the engineer that designed the Parasound switcher and he simply knows his shit. In fact he was one of the engineers that the government contracted to be part of the comity that came up with the HDMI platform.

He also does engineering for Ethereal Cables and I whole heartedly recommend their products as well.

Also a note about receivers becoming obsolete... the development and new technologies are mostly under the hood and not just focused on connectivity. They need to keep adding support for the new higher resolution sound codecs (DTS HD, Dolby True HD, Dolby Volume, etc). The other part that is getting improved faster than we can keep up and is often overlooked has nothing to do with sound - the video processor. Surround receivers are not just for audio anymore and with the myriad of video source resolutions and ratios a good video processor is paramount to get the best performance out of all of your equipment (and don't assume the video processor in your TV is better than the one in your receiver anymore). The biggest breakthrough in this field in the last couple of years has been the Silicon Optix Realta chip. This chip is super fast (10 frames or less of video lag) and it includes some of the best algorithms around (search for Teranex SI's parent company).

-- Wow... I really am geeky! I apologize.
2-Channel System (the pool room):
Carver C-1 -> Soundcraftsmen MA5002A -> Martin Logan "The Sequel"
Also Onix XCD-99 -> Parasound TDQ-1600 -> Squeezebox Classic
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:17 pm

mikekohut wrote:Honestly, what makes a 2-3 year old receiver truly obsolete with devices like this around?

A 3-year old $5000 Sunfire Ultimate II now available for $1000? I don't get it....

The Sunfire Ultimate II and TGP-II were the last models to do their Sonic Holography processing in the analogue domain. Any unit newer than that does their SH inthe digital domain, and believe me, the difference is NOT subtle. Digital processed SH is just light-years ahead of analogue SH in terms of noise-floor blackness, ambience, soundstage size, and pinpoint positioning of individual voices...

And there are a LOT of other upgrades besides the digital SH and HDMI compatibility, in terms of multi-channel processing, noise floor silence, and overall performance.

The older Sunfire units are good--VERY good for the price--but the newer onces are even better in terms of versatility and performance.
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
Previous

Return to Carver Home (Theater)