Theater i mounted

<<

tah800

TFM-25

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:54 pm

Theater i mounted

Theater i Mounted 004.jpg
Theater i Mounted 004.jpg (726.99 KiB) Viewed 679 times
Just seeing if I could add a picture. By the way I just mounted my theater i center over the T.V.Guy made a special bracket for it. What do you think?
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: Theater i mounted

Looking good Art. Only small problem is that your pic is about 1600 pixels wide; you should try reducing it to around 1000 pixels so it doesn't overflow the screen and make people scroll side to side to see the whole thing. That an ML centre speaker?
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:37 pm

That is cool! Good idea, I would of never thought of that. Maybe you should start up your own business selling ceiling mounts.
Nice set-up!!
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:37 am

Yes, that is a Martin Logan center speaker, and one of the best at that. It should be a GREAT match for those Amazings...

Ceiling-mounting Martin Logan center speakers is pretty much the standard way to do it in large surround-sound installations, Jag. Most of the high-end ML home theater setups I've seen mount their center from the ceiling. The main problem with this mounting is that ML centers tend to be REALLY heavy (My Logos speaker is 65 lbs, and this Theater i runs about 57 lbs...) so you can't just screw a bracket into the ceiling with expansion screws or something--you need to have some sort of positive mount to a structural member in the ceiling to be safe and secure.

But this rig looks great "tah800". Is that a Jolida CD player I see in the rack as well? I bet this setup sound SWEET--it sure looks great!
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:42 am

Oh, by the way, "tah800", do you have a "profile" of your system on this forum? I'd love to see pics and an equipment list for your rig. Also, why is your new Sunfire gear not in the above picture? I'll bet that Sunfire Grand Cinema Signature II amp sounds GREAT with the Amazings and that ML Theater-i...
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:31 am

Very nice setup. Question, do you hear a sonic difference between ML and Carver ribbons? If so how would you discribe it.

Thanks
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:58 am

tah800: Does that mean you have your surrounds mounted like THIS?!? And is that your SUBWOOFER mounted between them (upper left in the second pic)....WTF?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ML Surrounds2.jpg
ML Surrounds2.jpg (88.79 KiB) Viewed 647 times
Attachments
ML Surrounds.jpg
ML Surrounds.jpg (110.65 KiB) Viewed 643 times
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:26 am

TNRabbit wrote:tah800: Does that mean you have your surrounds mounted like THIS?!? And is that your SUBWOOFER mounted between them (upper left in the second pic)....WTF?!?

Rabbit, if memory serves me correctly from the ML Forum, the owner of that system is 1) a semi-professional musician, 2) a Registered Nurse (and therefore, presumably, well-educated and intelligent) and 3) (and this is the KICKER!) a woman...

And if memory served me correctly again, she says that the rears actually sound better like this than sitting on the floor...

Personally, I'm not going to try it, but if it sound better to her, then hey, it's her system, right?... ;)

<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:24 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:53 am

TNRabbit wrote:tah800: Does that mean you have your surrounds mounted like THIS?!? And is that your SUBWOOFER mounted between them (upper left in the second pic)....WTF?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That must put an enoumous amount of strain on the electrostatic panel frame. I'd think it would warp or bend it ruining the entire section by letting it short out.

Actually I've heard that many Manepan MMG owners suspend their speakers upside down from the ceiling to get a better sound and keep them off the floor and away from pets and children. Still trying to imagine how to keep a sub from falling off a shelf or ceiling mount though.
<<

tah800

TFM-25

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:02 pm

Old Arty being computer challenged needs a bit more info on the shrink the pic thing.So according to OB156(hate those nicname things)you have to open the piture in some sort of Photoshop and then reduce it. So from there you have to get it into the post. How about taking me through the entire procedure from the beginning. Remember the old K.I.S.S.You wouldn't want to see some poor old man tearing out what little hair he has left .Someone mentioned the strength issue of the bracket attachment. There is a part of this thing that you can't see that is lag bolted to the beams in the ceiling. I can hang from it. I haven't finished the mounting of the Scripts yet because I have to somehow pull the speaker wire for them through the ceiling.It's going to involve holes in my walls and ceilings. I'm also figuring out what to use for cable. It's traveling about 35ft front to rear so I want a heavy enough gauge and something of decent quality. The Monster Z2 is a possibility at the moment. I saw that rig with the stuff hung up with rubber bands. It just looks scarey to me. Now I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it but it's just not for me. Being old Mr. Stumblefoot I'd be running in to those things all the time. It actually was quite strange to see it on that website as most of the members there seem to have unlimited cashflow. They are always talking about their wall treatments and all that sort of thing. Nothing wrong with that.I love that line You'll recognize it if you were a Seinfelt Fan.Art
<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:10 pm

TNRabbit wrote:tah800: Does that mean you have your surrounds mounted like THIS?!? And is that your SUBWOOFER mounted between them (upper left in the second pic)....WTF?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ML Surrounds2.jpg

Ok , thats odd , I would think you should hang the couch from the ceiling also... :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:28 pm

Art, I just answered that one yesterday

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6980&p=75633&hilit=resize#p75633

The instructions are fairly straightforward
<<

PeteW

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:33 pm

I think this program is the easiest to use image resizer that I have ever come across:
http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize

Just save the application to your desktop and all you have to do is drag and drop the full size image onto this programs icon. The picture is automatically resized and saved in the same folder as the original (with the new size added to the end of the filename).

You can also change the output image size just by renaming the icon.
2-Channel System (the pool room):
Carver C-1 -> Soundcraftsmen MA5002A -> Martin Logan "The Sequel"
Also Onix XCD-99 -> Parasound TDQ-1600 -> Squeezebox Classic
<<

tah800

TFM-25

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:46 pm

Thxs Pete, Is the download pretty safe? Not a lot of adware and stuff I hope. Art
Next

Return to Carver Home (Theater)