FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:09 pm

Carver CT30x info (pictures)

<<

jonstew

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:54 pm

Carver CT30x info (pictures)

Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forum. I have a Carver CT30x Preamp that I bought several years ago and now I am thinking of selling it since I never use it and am looking for some info on it. I know this unit was never "offically" released by Carver and that the THX label on the back was taken off when Carver went out of business and this unit was sold at auction but I do not know how many are out there or really what the specs are on it (I know I have never seen another one), or maybe the info I have is wrong; either way hopefully someone of some people on this forum know something about it. It does work but you can tell it is a prototype. Any info anyone could offer would be great.

Sorry the pictures are not the best.

~John Stewart
Avon, IN.
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Carver CT30x info (pictures)

Those oval windows say "China"
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:16 pm

Welcome to the forum. Sorry but I don't know much about that nice looking preamp.

Hope someone else can get you more information on it.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:21 pm

Agree with BillD, oval window displays = made in China as the death knell sounded for Carver Corp. Here's a quote from the database: Only 38 ever built and never sold as a production unit, mostly to Carver employees. Unrepairable and there were only maybe 10 sets of parts ever available for these units. The database also shows it was set to be priced at $600-$650 with the most recent sale value of $52, whenever that was.

So while it is interesting from a historical point of view it doesn't have any real market value. Is it serialized?
<<

jonstew

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:44 pm

weitrhino wrote: Only 38 ever built and never sold as a production unit, mostly to Carver employees. Unrepairable and there were only maybe 10 sets of parts ever available for these units. The database also shows it was set to be priced at $600-$650 with the most recent sale value of $52, whenever that was.

So while it is interesting from a historical point of view it doesn't have any real market value. Is it serialized?

I can't find a serial number on it. I got it when I bought 3 TFM 55x's from a guy in Washington. I would say with only 38 produced it may not have market value but I am sure a couple of Carver nuts out there would not mind having it in their collections. It is certainly not one of rare tube amps but surely someone would want it and be willing to pay more than 52.00 to own it.

Thanks for the info though....at least I know a little more about it.

Return to Carver Home (Theater)