It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:39 pm

Meals at CF '10

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:48 am

Meals at CF '10

Hello ladies and gentlemen. Those who attended this year's CF......how did you like the food arrangements?

Basically for breakfast and lunch, folks were on there own. Everybody would gather at WS11 for dinner and then disperse to whatever cabin they wanted too. The volunteers that prepared the meals liked this MUCH better than CF'08 because they weren't in the kitchen all freakin' day.

Basically, what I would like to propose for CF'10 is the same thing. That said, I would also like to reintroduce the CF Paypal food fund. This will help pay for napkins, plates, plastic utensils, toilet paper, condiments and other "things" that were provided by the hosting cabins.....not to mention the food.

Here's what I was thinking. Instead of everybody chipping in a flat fee for the entire event, folks would pay X amount per person/per day for the communal dinner. That way, folks that do not attend the entire event will not have to pay for dinners that they do not attend. Also, the financial burden for the communal dinner will not fall upon a few attending members AND just like CF'08, we will once again be able to eat like kings because we will be purchasing pre-planned meals bought in bulk.

Many folks who attended this year's fest were pleased with utilizing WS11 as the main host cabin for food as we had just about enough seating to have everybody sit comfortably. [More tables and chairs may come this year, but that's TBD] We can set up WS11 the same way for CF'10. Kingman, his wife, Kim and I have already discussed this and we are in agreement that this is what we would like to do.

Just to make things crystal clear right now, this fund will NOT.......I repeat, will NOT provide drinks. It's gonna be an BYO beer, alcohol, sodie-pop, apple juice and baby formula type deal. However, we will be providing everything needed for a damn fine meal [to be discussed in another thread] and possibly a nice dessert for everybody.

What say you? Talk to me.

You damned Prius drivers need not respond........... :-"
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:21 pm

Re: Meals at CF '10

Sounds good to me! Just make sure you know what meat you need cut up and how it is to be cut so I don't get run down by the Prius boys! LOL! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:06 am

Are Eddie and I the only one planning on being there and eating? Come on folks. The more we plan? The better it gets.

Talk to me. The 'Fest will be here before you know it.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:03 am

Sounds like a good plan to me Tom. It also allows buying in bulk before the event which means more grub for the buck and fewer last minute trips to Bryson City for supplies when there is music to be heard.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:51 pm

What was on the list for last year?
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:38 pm

I'm with you Tom.

How is Aiden doing, oh and Kim too of course.

Frank.
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:13 pm

I vote for Frankie to be in charge of the wine selections. \:D/
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:38 am

I vote for Frankie to be in charge of driving any and all to Bryson City for supplies in his Prius! :lol: :lol: :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:54 pm

That's cool. I'll cover the gas for 'em. :D

<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:24 pm

Fire up them grills baby LOL! You guys all know what I can do! With a little help from my buddy Ray we will be eating hi on the hog or steer! LOL! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:27 pm

I'm thinkin' Prime Rib again this year.....

bsturgeon89 wrote:What was on the list for last year?
This past year we pretty much had a volunteer cook for the communal dinner and I must be getting old because I can't remember. Everybody just kind of pitched in and offered a main dish [by the chosen cook of the night] and sides were made by other volunteers that were pretty much just whipped up on the spot. It was CF '08 were we all ate like kings. Man, was that some good eatin'!!!! \:D/

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun May 09, 2010 6:52 pm

Well, we have had two members step up to the plate for this years event. Here's what's on the menu for one of the nights dinners.....

Zoot Horn wrote:Ya'll,, Janice and I would like to invite everyone to our cabin one evening for some of her wedding soup,,homemade bread,,pasta salad,,and whatever else she decides to make,,I'll try to co-ordinate so we don't mess up any of the official dinners,,I think that you'll be in for a treat,,everyone is welcome.All for now--see ya'll soon.

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:12 pm

10 days and only two meals? Oh dear.

Come on folks, what in the hell are we gonna eat? :-s

We only have 37 days left and we'll be there!

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:36 pm

i may be talked into some cooking. as i have been in the family restuarant since 1976, i may have a skill or two that will be useful. and being a greek may help as well.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:53 pm

I used to be built like a Greek god, now I look like Zorba the Greek. :D
Last edited by BillD on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Return to CARVERFEST 2010