FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:22 am

How to UPGRADE, the CarverFest way !!!!

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:02 pm

How to UPGRADE, the CarverFest way !!!!

treitz3 wrote:I'm not that protective of my stereo when it comes to a select few whom I trust know what the hell it is that they are doing. James is the only exception, he's no longer allowed to touch ANYTHING, especially the speakers! :D

I do not allow anybody to touch it unless I know what kind of background in audio they have. That includes the volume knob, power buttons or anything else for that matter. If I ever catch anybody touching the rig without my permission? I would fear for their life, regardless of the reason.

(( NOTICE )) It's time to get this ball rolling.
I want to make these services known and available to all...
For anyone that desperately wants, or needs to upgrade their audio equipment, but has a wife or girlfriend that has "other plans" for what extra cash you may or may not have.
I want to make my services available to you.

Tom has wanted to "upgrade" his speakers for quite a while now. Unfortunately, he has had his own financial problems over the last year: Business was slow, Wife's hours cut back, New born son etc... so of course, a massive $8,000 upgrade to his speaker system was out of the question (according to the wife)
What wife or girlfriend could possibly say no to you once your prized equipment was "accidentally" destroyed buy someone else ??
If you can put on a good enough act, get mad... tear up a little... stand in the corner wanting to be left alone... you are GOLDEN.

Let me take what ever piece of equipment needs to be "upgraded" for a little stroll... Once she sees it, and the look on your face, she will be begging to help you go shopping for that NEW magic item to make all your pain go away. She will let you get away with buying just about anything after she sees what I will do to your "Prized Possessions"
And if you have Home Owners Insurance, we can make sure you hit the JackPot with "Eddie's Quick Cam Service". He will be standing in just the right spot, ready to snap the "Money Shot" that you can send into your insurance company to maximize your "Upgrade" returns.

Now... If you are serious about doing this, you MUST practice that "WTF" face !! It may take a few days to a week in front of a mirror to get it just right.
If you look at the image below, you can see a perfect example of one of Eddie's "Money Shots"
Look how Tom has PERFECTED the "WTF" face. How could any insurance company argue its authenticity??

My Fee is $1,500 per unit. I will guarantee to sustain some type of major injury to add to the authenticity, just in case your insurance company comes knocking.

Feel free to visit our new website: http://www.BreakYourOldShit.com and send is some photos of the units you are ready to upgrade.

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:10 pm

Re: How to UPGRADE, the CarverFest way !!!!

Fucking priceless.......!!!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D>
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:44 pm

I am so sorry to admit laughing as I looked at the pics! 8-[

I have a few questions...
1) What kind of speakers were they?
2) how badly was the person that fell hurt?
3) did all turn out well in the end?

I have never met anyone here from the forum but have had dealings with a few
and have begun to see this place as a family of sorts. I just hope everyone is ok
and all is well in the end.

I will need to be there next year, but nobody will be allowed within 10 feet of my 600x2 [-X :D
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:38 am

My Fee is $1,500 per unit. I will guarantee to sustain some type of major injury to add to the authenticity, just in case your insurance company comes knocking.

Feel free to visit our new website: http://www.BreakYourOldShit.com and send is some photos of the units you are ready to upgrade.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Classic, just effing classic!
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:46 am

1. Tyler 7's I believe
2. Toymaker's knee and arm were messed up.
3. Tom has made the upgrade
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:27 am

I am glad Toymaker is ok... That is a bad ending to a great pair of speakers.

I am happy all turned out well in the end, but curious if Tom was asked to help
carry the Silver Sevens before or after this happened? 8-[ :shock:
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:07 am

Actually, Tom and Jesse IIRC did a fine job of hiding Jerrys' newly autographed 9T's. However no damage was incurred during the process. :D
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:07 am

I laughed so hard I was CRYING over this pic~ :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would pay good money to see that on video. KUDOS to Eddie for capturing it on film; that photo is PRICELESS!!!
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:10 pm

Yeah, shit was NASTY....

It feel fine now (4 months later) But I can't kneel on it at all, it starts to burn...
Feels like a rope burn if I kneel on it. (Angelic is pretty pissed about that) :-s

There were AFTER the 1st round of scabs came off... I didin't take a photo of it
with the 1 huge single scab ](*,)

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

TNRabbit

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:33 pm

TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

<<

TNRabbit

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:32 pm

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/b7YayRd7NjdpbzOm

Maybe you two should have practiced like this before moving them....

8)
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:48 pm

Yeah, really!
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:49 pm

Sorry James,

Master Blaster, Huffman and I were all laughing at this post. :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:54 pm

You should have seen the look on Tom's face, while I was laughing my ass off right after it happened...
I was looking at Eddie's camera, and Tom was sitting in the corner crying :lol: :lol: :lol:

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:12 pm

Hey, when I saw the photo, I laughed my ass off. When I saw the closeup of my face? I about peed in my pants!

It's all good. Your services may be rendered in the future.....
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 09'