FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:10 am

The First Lightstar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:00 pm

The First Lightstar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was darkness in the world of power amps till Bob Carver broke out his first Lightstar!
Attachments
IMG_1045.JPG
IMG_1045.JPG (5.14 MiB) Viewed 847 times
IMG_1043.JPG
IMG_1043.JPG (4.65 MiB) Viewed 847 times
IMG_1042.JPG
IMG_1042.JPG (4.43 MiB) Viewed 847 times
IMG_1041.JPG
IMG_1041.JPG (5.11 MiB) Viewed 847 times
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:08 pm

Re: The First Lightstar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow! how long have you had that one. Looks to be a hybrid of the TFM-75 and the Sunfire Stereo Grands that followed.

I bet it sounds as good as it looks =D>
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!Sunfire Signature TGA 7401, Pioneer SC-37 Surround Receiver, Sunfire Classic Vacuum Tube Preamp with Phono Stage, Magnepan MG-20's(main) Polk Audio RM 7500's(surround) Polk Audio CSi-a6 (center) Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, Pioneer Elite PD-DJ9 SACD/CD Player, Sony BDPs-350 BLUray player, LG 42lg50 1080p HDTV, Klipsch Synergy SUB-10 powered subwoofer.[/size]
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:09 pm

That yours Eddie??? Pics are blurry, but I see the 1 designation.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:55 pm

Dang, never knew this had two power cords! and with a ground pin too. Was each power cord for each channel? Dam, that must pull some juice! That is Awesome! Thanks for the pictures!
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:06 pm

That is a great find Eddie!!!
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Pretty impressive, Eddie. \:D/ How about the rest of the story??
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:36 pm

weitrhino wrote:Pretty impressive, Eddie. \:D/ How about the rest of the story??

First thing is I have it like I had one here last year and had to bring that one to CF09 this one will be going to CF10! But I'll give you guys one guess who this one belongs to! This may be the first one but it is number five in his group!
But I do get to play with it for a while! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:18 pm

:-$ :-# :D
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:40 am

I can't quite make it out, Eddie; can you possibly make those pics a LITTLE LARGER???!???!?!?!?!?!??!?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:14 am

Dang, I have to load another Lightstar.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:36 am

Naaa. maybe I'll do a little work this year :lol:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:28 pm

Jag_97470 wrote:Dang, never knew this had two power cords! and with a ground pin too. Was each power cord for each channel? Dam, that must pull some juice! That is Awesome! Thanks for the pictures!

It's a dual mono design, meaning it is two mono blocks in one chassis. The use of one cord for each channel isn't really needed for a dual mono amp and it doesn't pull any more juice than if it had one cord.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:15 pm

F1nut wrote:
Jag_97470 wrote:Dang, never knew this had two power cords! and with a ground pin too. Was each power cord for each channel? Dam, that must pull some juice! That is Awesome! Thanks for the pictures!

It's a dual mono design, meaning it is two mono blocks in one chassis. The use of one cord for each channel isn't really needed for a dual mono amp and it doesn't pull any more juice than if it had one cord.

I beg your pardon Mr.President....a Lightstar is capable of 3,500 watts a channel on a monentary basis. I'd think 2 power cords would be about right. Cool too!!!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:16 pm

I GOT A KICK ASS IDEA FOR A NEW TV SHOW...

"WILL IT WELD" ?

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:54 pm

Magnaryder wrote:
F1nut wrote:

I beg your pardon Mr.President....a Lightstar is capable of 3,500 watts a channel on a monentary basis. I'd think 2 power cords would be about right. Cool too!!!

ray

Seeing as the average home runs a 15 amp (1800 watts) line, maybe 20 amps (2400 watts) it still doesn't matter if the amp has one or two power cords as it can't draw more than what is available.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
Next

Return to Carver Research (Lightstar)