CARVERaudio.com Interconnects

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:12 am

Re: CARVERaudio.com Interconnects

Payment sent.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:16 pm

Pmt received. Cables on their way in the morning.

Thanks for your order. =D>
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:47 am

Toy Maker wrote:=; [-X I don't drink...

Man James, it must be a bitch getting up in the morning knowing that's the best you're going to feel all day.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:32 am

It's better than waking up not knowing what you did last night.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:52 am

Any day you wake up, get out of bed, turn around, and don`t see yourself still laying in bed is a GREAT DAY!!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:49 pm

DaveS wrote:Any day you wake up, get out of bed, turn around, and don`t see yourself still laying in bed is a GREAT DAY!!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

=D> =D> =D>
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

TNRabbit

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:38 am

All:

Pulled this off AudioKarma. Your thoughts?

Cables can and do make a difference and directional cables can in fact be of benefit as the cable on directional unbalanced interconnects has the shield only in contact with the connector at the source end.
Some say that a floating shield is detrimental to its effectiveness.

The following courtesy of Blue Jeans Cable:

Quote:
Twisted Pairs, Coax, and Audio Cable Design: So, what's it all mean to audio cable design?

Confusion of these concepts is fairly common, and understandable. One will often hear in audio discussions that "twisted pairs provide superior noise rejection," because it's often assumed that it is the cable construction itself, rather than the equipment circuitry, that accounts for common mode noise rejection; as we've discussed above, it's really the combination of the two which account for the phenomenon. This misconception sometimes leads to people using shielded twisted-pair balanced audio cable as an unbalanced interconnect; they will ground one of the two signal wires at both ends of the cable, and then ground the shield--sometimes at both ends, but sometimes only at one end, causing a loss of shield effectiveness. The problem with this sort of construction is that it dramatically increases the capacitance of the cable by adding the shield to the one side. Instead of just the capacitance between the two conductors, one now has the total of (1) the capacitance between the two conductors, and (2) the capacitance between the signal wire and the shield. As capacitance in audio cable is very definitely an enemy, this is a serious sacrifice to make, especially when there is no noise rejection benefit. Coaxial cable, not twisted pair audio cable, is the right choice when connecting unbalanced components.
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

<<

TNRabbit

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:41 am

FYI: Before/After pics of my upgrade from cheap, crappy interconnects to James' custom made ICs. The quality/fit/finish is excellent, and thus far the sound is sublime (only 1 day listening time thus far):

Yes, those are LOCKING connectors~
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:48 pm

Just beautiful. Plus, you have a pool table. I have a pool table, but back in the woods, no one to play with. When I came home from the war, I was an ace pool player as we had a lot of down time. I moved to Charlotte, and went out to take the local players apart. It went well until I got into the real games, then I went broke. I might have had to leave town, but I met a guy named "Preacher". I will email you the tale. Give me 3 months notice, and I might still be able to give you a game.

I understand you forget more about audio everyday than I will ever care to know. I like it, that like me you just stack stuff close and don't need all that "rack crap" till you hit the lotto.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:30 pm

Blue Jeans Cable uses Belden wire. BJC doesn't design or make it.

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

TNRabbit

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:15 pm

F1nut wrote:Blue Jeans Cable uses Belden wire. BJC doesn't design or make it.

So, is that your way of saying they don't know WTF they're talking about??

:D
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

<<

TNRabbit

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:20 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:Just beautiful. Plus, you have a pool table. I have a pool table, but back in the woods, no one to play with. When I came home from the war, I was an ace pool player as we had a lot of down time. I moved to Charlotte, and went out to take the local players apart. It went well until I got into the real games, then I went broke. I might have had to leave town, but I met a guy named "Preacher". I will email you the tale. Give me 3 months notice, and I might still be able to give you a game.

I understand you forget more about audio everyday than I will ever care to know. I like it, that like me you just stack stuff close and don't need all that "rack crap" till you hit the lotto.

I'm not that good of a pool player...merely adequate, barely~ 8) You can email the tale to my email button at the bottom of my post~

Thanks for the compliments. Don't be so sure that I know all that much about audio, either~ I've learned a TON on this & other forums over the past few years. I just read & try to understand/absorb what I can. I couldn't use a rack if I had one because my dearest puts up with my system, but won't tolerate moving her desk~
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:53 pm

TNRabbit wrote:
F1nut wrote:Blue Jeans Cable uses Belden wire. BJC doesn't design or make it.

So, is that your way of saying they don't know WTF they're talking about??

:D

Read right thru that one, didn't ya......Kudos!

<<

Dennis47

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 am

Toy Maker,

Did you receive the PM I sent to you on Saturday 10-8-11
regarding two pair of CARVERaudio IC's? Also, in reference
to length, would an 18" long IC be an overall length which
included the RCA connectors?
PL 4000 II / PL 400 II (2) / PL 5100 II / PL 6000 II
PL 7000 II / PL 1000 w/JVD mod (2)
Carver C-1 / C-11 / C-4000t /M-1.0t (MKII opt 002)
M-1.5t (2) / TFM-15 / TFM-22 (2) / TFM-24 (2)
TFM-45 / HR-752 / DPL-33 / TD-1400 / TD-1700
TDR-2400 / TX-12 / DTL-100 / SDA-490t
Thorens 316 / Roberts 770X (2) / ADC SS3 MKII
Polk SDA SRS / Polk SDA SRS 2.3
Polk SDA-2B (XO upgrade)
Polk Monitor 12 & Monitor 5jr.
Polk Monitor 10B
Polk Monitor 7C (XO upgrade)
Polk Monitor SW6 sub
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Sorry about that, my PM box is full all the time, and the forum dumps them so fast sometimes, i can't go back to some.

The IC's are usually 1meter or longer. I did make a few in the beginning that were 1/2 meters, but they were REALLY short, and I opted to just stick with 1meter and up.
If you really need 1/2meter jumpers, it can be done, but I suggest going with the longer cables for ease later on.
The overall wire length is cut to 1-meter, after the ends are stripped, and soldered, the finished cables are about 41-42" overall. Next time I have one in my had, I'll measure and post the actual length.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Previous

Return to CARVERaudio.com Products