SX 2/3 Car Holography Unit

Carver Car Audio Discussions and Questions
Rustinator

SX 2/3 Car Holography Unit

Post by Rustinator » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:55 pm

Hi everyone!

This is my first post. I recently acquired a Carver Mobile Audio Sonic Holography unit. I am missing the manual so I thought I would see if anyone here has one or has access to one. I have had several M-240 amps since the '80's. I used to sell them. Great units. However, I got out of the business and didn't realize they made this processor until I recently saw it. I haven't had time to test it but I need the manual to set it up correctly. It appears pretty simple for the most part but I am hoping the manual has details about the remote control knob that plugs in to it since that is missing. I doubt that it will work without the knob since there is no on board control for the intensity setting.

Thanks in advance guys!

Rusty

Bill
SILVER-7t

Post by Bill » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:32 pm

There is another one of these on ebay with the box and manual I am considering. Have you hooked it up yet?
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.

Rustinator

Post by Rustinator » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:31 pm

Hi Bill,

Thanks for replying! I am watching the unit on ebay, thanks for the tip. No, I haven't had time to hook up the one I have yet. Regardless of who wins the unit currently, let's share the manual once it has been obtained. I can scan it in to a PDF and/or copy or fax it. This seller seems to have a lot of interesting Carver stuff that I didn't know existed.

Rusty

Bill
SILVER-7t

Post by Bill » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:56 pm

I was thinking the same thing. If I win I will send you a copy.
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.

Rustinator

Post by Rustinator » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:37 pm

8 days, 20+ hours away. Long wait. Oh well! Do you already have Carver car amps? What head unit are you using? (Or were you planning to use this in a home environment?)

Rustinator

Post by Rustinator » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:47 pm

Oh, BTW... What is your electronics proficiency? I am missing the remote control unit that goes with my SX-2/3. I was planning to get this current one on ebay so I would have the remote control AND the manual. If you win it (or if I let you win, heh heh O:) ), do you have the ability to make a duplicate control or draw up plans to make one? Otherwise, I could perhaps do the same for you. (In other words, create two complete sets and then send who is without the 2nd set.) Thanks!!

Bill
SILVER-7t

Post by Bill » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:06 pm

No carver car amps as of yet, I thought it would be a cool thing to mess around with once I replace the components in the front and back of my Jetta. I always was curious what Sonic Holography would do to a car. My electronic skills are very limited, I tend to get buzzed when I play with electricity. I couldn't draw you a scem of the remote if my life depended on it. I would be willing to send you the remote on a loaner basis if you wanted to draw one up though.
You can't fix stupid.

Post by 977 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:25 am

Hi there,

Just to let you know I will be bidding on this item, and that if I am the winner, drop an email to hacklikethis@gmail.com, and I will happily provide wiring diagrams, high res photographs and any part numbers I can find for you to replicate the remote control unit.

I really need the deep bass retreival unit. Really need.

Anyone got any reviews/opinions on it?

Dave

Post by 977 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:40 pm

I won the auction.

I will post details once it has arrived if anyone is interested.

hacklikethis at gmail.com if you need more information.

mikekohut
TFM-45

Post by mikekohut » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:40 pm

I really need the deep bass retreival unit. Really need.
Why might you need it so badly - just curious.

Post by 977 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:53 am

Mostly because it claims to replace missing fundamentals in music that is otherwise missing them due to the production methods in place with modern music, and buying a seperate unit that is equal in ability to this, which doesn't even have the function of electronic crossover, or whatever this "acoustic holography" turns out to be (although I would imagine it widens the front sound stage, bumps the treble slightly and fades out the rears a tad), costs a great deal more, so it represents an awful good deal!

I am awaiting its arival in the post currently, I'll put as much detail about it as I can up on the internet when it does finally turn up, it seems a lot of people want to replicate the controller specifications because theirs have gone missing at some stage or another.

Return to “Carver Car Audio”