FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:50 am

The Possible Resurrection of CARVER Corp....

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: The Possible Resurrection of CARVER Corp....

He did say they have him designing a Sunfire "bose wave radio" ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

poor Bob [-(
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:33 am

helicopterpilotdoug wrote:
Thanks to all who have answered my questions, and taken the time to help me learn. A lot of forums tend to treat a nubee like sh**, but here every one seems to be helpful, and actually want to pass along some great advice and knowledge.

Just wait, everyone is just being nice to you sucking you in. Just when you start feeling comfortable, it is then we will treat you like Shit! :lol: :lol: Kiddin :D
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:25 am

Jag_97470 wrote:
helicopterpilotdoug wrote:
Thanks to all who have answered my questions, and taken the time to help me learn. A lot of forums tend to treat a nubee like sh**, but here every one seems to be helpful, and actually want to pass along some great advice and knowledge.

Just wait, everyone is just being nice to you sucking you in. Just when you start feeling comfortable, it is then we will treat you like Shit! :lol: :lol: Kiddin :D

:shock: Oh Nooooo! Say it ain't sooooo!!
:) :D :lol:
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:55 am

You used to be a prospect. Now, you're a client!
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:39 am

BillD wrote:You used to be a prospect. Now, you're a client!

Yes, I think you are right. \:D/
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

BigBadWally

Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:39 pm

Don't do it Bob! You'll put me in the poorhouse. My dogs will starve....

Gary Bechtold

Post Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:31 pm

First post in along time from me. Well the Carver name has a soft spot for me, so i certainly wouldn't mind it coming back. My question is how would this affect Sunfire? What is his current "relationship" with Sunfire and how would a Carver brand compete or compliment it. Cool to see a speaker concept in the works. I still remember those Amazing Loudspeakers when I was a kid.
<<

tah800

TFM-25

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:33 pm

Sounds like a great idea to me. My question would be where would the money come from. Getting something like this off the gound would take a lot. The 2 channel market has been awfully quiet lately so home theater would have to be a big part of a new company. Of course all of the members of this forum would be shareholders RIGHT??? I also feel you would still have to keep prices reasonable. I think one of the great reasons the old Carver company was so popular was that you could get fantastic products for very reasonable prices. Would that be possible in todays market place. I don't think you could produce a speaker like the ALS at $2500 today. I've seen guys on ebay trying to sell mint Carver speakers for two grand and most people on the forum are saying hey way to much most people are getting them for under a grand. The idea most of us would have is that you can get most of these great new Carver products without risking a divorce at home. Would you be willing to shell out much bigger bucks for the new products. Don't get me wrong I love the idea but it is something you'd have to think about. Art.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:44 pm

How about an update, James? :-k
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:52 pm

Ha... and you guys thought I was slow.... ](*,)

I have no idea how Carver or Sunfire ever produced anything :-s
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:35 am

Toy Maker wrote:Ha... and you guys thought I was slow.... ](*,)

I have no idea how Carver or Sunfire ever produced anything :-s

:-k insert this above /\
I
I am glad they did though / Find a way that is. Now back to my Bose :lol:
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

ranster

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:44 pm

I for one personally believe he has put together the product to do just such a resurrection they are the wonderful tube amps he has been (MARKETING) as a breakthrough product. Nothing in the world can touch them are his own words if I remember correctly. Whatever he and Tim are currently splitting up from each sale would stay at just that. Get a few guys that can learn how Tubular Joe creates such beautiful point-to-point work and start putting together some product. by doing so the exclusivity of this amp will be hit by the product-demand-supply economics theory/fact of the whole concept and prices would inherently fall but I think Bob has plenty more ideas swimming around up there in that physicist-never-can-stop-making-things-better head of his, I mean you already got the guy making the MKII's that are superbly built and even some of the older stuff could also be re touched in a like manner. well I really don't know if much of the stuff could be improved upon that much, but tube designers of old were dreaming of amps that could do what there "240's" are doing, I mean refit the silver line with the new DC RESTORER and have it last 50-60 years, I bet many more sets would sell it the investment would last that long. plus read the Q and A's from the current amp sales, people from china, Guam, and all the world over are Carver die hards and paying the shipping for these to the "world over" I believe it will work, but you can't rush into anything, I mean the amps are named Vintage Carver... but they are a brand new design, I mean old late great amp designs re-thought and re-applied with Bob's genus and Waa-La you have Carver- Re thinking the impossible. This is what he has done always; doing the impossible. My hat is off to you Sir Bob you have a network here of diehards to the bone, I have heard that some people are selling their carver stuff because of the fear of a long turnaround time with only one person doing the repairs and they have a gig in four days they can't take the chance of not being able to get it repaired in time so the whole gamut if collected and assembled correctly would work. Just food for thought "Carver Re thinking the impossible" or some spin off might work.
1,A-760x, 2, Sonics Asscts. from the IMAX theater 800x's these are the bryston 7B's but kicked up .i have added two bryston 7B's and a tfm-25 running through a Sunfire TGP I: and a Krell KAV 500i. 2, magnapan tympani 1 b's main-- 2 Polk rt 11t's secondary mains--2 Polk RT1000p's for centers and sub and one audiophile 10 cube subwoofer 2 Polk rti 150's running from the sevin axis connector just for more meat in the middle and 2 polk audio rt55i with changed crossovers from the polk audio RT3000p
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:13 am

hello all. i would totally love the idea of a carver name coming back with the classic models like tfm35,55,75 and silver's with the designation of series two or what not. personally i think the those models are the most attractive by far and when they went to the x model and lost the knob up front, they went backwards and down hill as they jumped the shark with the thx hype. the purpose of the carver name coming back is to fill the hole that the sunfire brand left with their price tags in the thousands. a multi channel 200wpc is nice and the 400wpc amp in the 3-4k range is far beyond the grass roots that i came up on in 92 with my AL-III's and tfm 55's. i would love to own a new set of retro style amps instead of refurbishing what i own. they obviously stand the test of time. 18 plus years of rocking on them hard and they are still working. i think he would have a totally different market than the sunfire crowd if he sold amps at say $400-500/tfm35, $600-700/tfm55 and $1000-1200/tfm75 or even a lightstar model. the technology could be older with newer manufacturing techniques such surface mount and what not. in the 70's,then 80's and early 90's he was the king of the 300wpc market. tons of bang with out the $12,000 plus dollar price tag. he flat out killed the competition. then the china man said, nice. i buy it. and it went to shit. so, today, bob is already selling some of his stuff on ebay. i would think a factory direct approach would be the best. no dealers, distributors and so forth to mark it up and present it poorly to the public. as i said, bob has more smarts than any other guy i know of in the electronics arena. question really is i would think, does he want to mess up the sunfire line with a middle of the road priced product that most would have a hard time hearing the subtle differences in(or not). again, without any dealers, that would be easy. the sunfire dealers are into multi-channel, high end now, so keep the carver name in the format that made it famous - 2 channel. last, but not least. i would love a new al-4 speaker. a big ribbon(36"-60" with 3-6 6.5" woofers to do the mid-bass justice and give the bass section punch as subwoofers are everywhere to be found now for the bottom end. just my two cents worth. and for service, he already has the service centers doing the vintage stuff, and if the designs don't stray, that much the easier for them. just make sure to keep the product with a "made in the usa" stamp. or could this could just be one of my pipe dreams. hope it doesn't go up in smoke. no pun intended. warm regards as the audioshopper would say about now.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:38 pm

edriz wrote:Carver was out of business, no shit?? :-s

I for one think it would be a great idea. Hats off to ya Bob. Ya know, a Carver Turntable, now that would be something???

I actually brought the subject of a Carver Turntable up to Bob in September. He told me he did have one built while he was at Phase Linear. Another maker built it for him. remarked there are SOOOO many very high-quality units out there, why bother?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:57 pm

The Phase Linear table was a very well regarded version of a Pioneer Linear Tracker as I remember. They do pop up from time to time.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
PreviousNext

Return to Introducing the NEW 2012 "ALS"