FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:07 pm

The absolute BEST barbeque sauce EVER!!!

<<

toucanet

M-400t CUBE

Post Sun May 23, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: The absolute BEST barbeque sauce EVER!!!

treitz3 wrote:I tooled around the site for a stint earlier on today but didn't see the cost of one of bad boys. What's a medium size one run?

Komodos (shown in photos) There are two sizes: The 19.5 OTB (roughly $3,000.00) and the 23"OTB (roughly $3,700.00). They are very heavy!

Here is their current inventory list with prices:
http://www.komodokamado.com/product-category/grills/

The Big Green Egg has a medium for roughly $700.00).

I love them.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun May 23, 2010 7:29 pm

*clears throat*

HOLY CRAP! :shock:
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

toucanet

M-400t CUBE

Post Sun May 23, 2010 7:34 pm

Re:

treitz3 wrote:*clears throat*

HOLY CRAP! :shock:

BREATHE IN & OUT :shock:

They are a bit on the pricey side. I have seen many of them in the Pawn and Consignment shops here in Metro Atlanta for around $1,500.00. They are not selling (even at the steep discounts) due to the poor economy.

I may scoop one of them up if I do not win tonight's bid on the Silver Sevens.

This OCCD is a !@#$%
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon May 24, 2010 11:33 am

It's definitely on my long list of things to buy....unless I decide to build a stone grill in ground. That chicken must have been awesome last night.

Scroll down on the link below and check out this cat [Matt Pearce - Minneapolis, MN] talking about the combination of Bold-R. Dash Rub and Old Mule sauce. Where in the hell do you get Bold-R-Dash? I can't find it on the net and apparently it's a commercial rub. :-s Or, maybe because it's commercial that's why I can't find it. I want it if it makes an award winning combo.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon May 24, 2010 4:22 pm

treitz3 wrote:Those look real good. Enjoy.

Kingman, try this link to see what sizes/quantities they offer.....
https://www.oldmule.com/store/index.php?cPath=23

Copied from another section of their website which isn't the most user friendly of sites...
"About our flavors:

Old Mule Mustard Sauce is a tangy, tasty sauce that will surely delight anyone who loves mustard. We have had customers tell us they love this better than our Original!

"Full Kick" is a bit more spicy and the kick sneaks up on you. Original is our "Half Kick" and when we can get new labels for our "Sissy" (No Kick) sauce, we will add that to the website as well!"

I'm guessing that at some point during the checkout that there will be a comment section. Just say which flavor you want in there. You could also just fax the order in or give them a call. Apparently, they accept calls on the weekends [provided they are at home]. It's a small, family ran business tucked into the mountains where technology still won't be around for decades to come, I'm sure, so the conveniences and smooth as silk/user friendly websites we normally have with bigger corporations just won't be there.

Regardless, you are gonna LOVE this stuff.

Got it Tom...DUH!!!!!!! Comments...you have to TELL them! It's not listed. :-" ](*,) :-"
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

kingman

Post Mon May 24, 2010 4:25 pm

toucanet wrote:
treitz3 wrote:I tooled around the site for a stint earlier on today but didn't see the cost of one of bad boys. What's a medium size one run?

Komodos (shown in photos) There are two sizes: The 19.5 OTB (roughly $3,000.00) and the 23"OTB (roughly $3,700.00). They are very heavy!

Here is their current inventory list with prices:
http://www.komodokamado.com/product-category/grills/

The Big Green Egg has a medium for roughly $700.00).

I love them.

That'd buy a heap O groceries!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Mon May 24, 2010 5:34 pm

I nominate T-3 for grillin' duty at Carverfest... All you can eat on him! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

For those of you in Rio Linda, it means he is payin' the bill so don't get too excited. :-" :-" :D :lol:
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Mon May 24, 2010 5:53 pm

As shown in a later post, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" :lol:
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Mon May 24, 2010 5:59 pm

bsturgeon89 wrote:This is on subject but do any of you have any "smoking" tips when it comes to food? I say food because I have become to know this group just alittle and can just imagine all the wisecracks.

I'm using a gas grill at the moment. I know they have little boxes to put chips in and you could wrap the chips in foil but I'm looking for a more pronounced way. I'd like to make some beef and pork brisket (slow cook and smoke them). I can grill pretty good but have never ventured into the smoking department. Am I better off just buying a smoker and then grilling?

Since summertime will soon be upon us, who would like to share some recipes and tips.

IMHO a real smoker would be your best course. I make baby back ribs, and start them out on the gas grill to brown them. I use one of those metal boxes right on the burner with soaked hickory chips to get the smoked flavor. After the ribs are browned, they go into the oven to finish them off. It does a good job for that, but when it comes to brisket, or chickens, turkeys etc. it would be far better to have a real smoker. Just my 2 cents worth.
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

toucanet

M-400t CUBE

Post Wed May 26, 2010 4:23 pm

My order arrived this afternoon. I like the way the "Half-Kick" tastes. Tasting it directly from the jar is okay. However, when I put some of it on some hamburgers and ground chicken burgers, the taste came alive (especially on the hamburgers).

Thanks again for the BBQ tip.

Chris
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed May 26, 2010 8:00 pm

Glad to see a cook who doesn't mess around. I was surprised to see your post today about already receiving the order. I just made the post on Sunday and you got it on Wednesday? Sweet. I guess they don't mess around either. =D>

Glad to hear you like it Chris and you are welcome. Enjoy.

<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri May 28, 2010 5:09 pm

Sauce is different - just read the "BEST" on a web page before I saw your post.

Most people like a sweet sauce.

The South is famous for a tangy flavored sauce which I prefer.

The best mustard based sauce is Maurice Bessinger form Columbia, SC http://www.mauricesbbq.com/

Like most, it is more fun to make your own. Mine are heavy with garlic and TEXAS PETE. My garden is heavy with peppers and garlic right now - good sauce ahead.
<<

kingman

Post Fri May 28, 2010 10:12 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:Sauce is different - just read the "BEST" on a web page before I saw your post.

Most people like a sweet sauce.

The South is famous for a tangy flavored sauce which I prefer.

The best mustard based sauce is Maurice Bessinger form Columbia, SC http://www.mauricesbbq.com/

Like most, it is more fun to make your own. Mine are heavy with garlic and TEXAS PETE. My garden is heavy with peppers and garlic right now - good sauce ahead.

Bill...Maurice is a rebel hell raiser like you!!!! He nearly lost his business by selling confederate memorabilia in it!!! Everyone pegged him as a racist...what the hell else is new!!! :lol:
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun May 30, 2010 3:13 pm

[quote=
Bill...Maurice is a rebel hell raiser like you!!!! He nearly lost his business by selling confederate memorabilia in it!!! Everyone pegged him as a racist...what the hell else is new!!! :lol:[/quote]

I know - cowards shot out his windows, and stores stopped stocking it to please the NAACP.
It is excellent sauce, but now I have to order it in. I always order a batch of the hash too when I do that -- good eating !! \:D/
<<

kingman

Post Sun May 30, 2010 3:36 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:[quote=
Bill...Maurice is a rebel hell raiser like you!!!! He nearly lost his business by selling confederate memorabilia in it!!! Everyone pegged him as a racist...what the hell else is new!!! :lol:

I know - cowards shot out his windows, and stores stopped stocking it to please the NAACP.
It is excellent sauce, but now I have to order it in. I always order a batch of the hash too when I do that -- good eating !! \:D/[/quote]
When I go to Columbia to visit I try to go by....good sauce...I prefer the Haberno Hot from Sticky Fingers though...for pulled pork it's the cat's ass!!!!!
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2010