FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:27 pm

Treitz3's concept CARVER powered truck stereo rig....Advice?

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat May 22, 2010 6:49 pm

Talk to me man...

Alex, hook a brother up man.....hook a brother up. Dig deep, look hard and find me something bro'!

Please do not come back to me with some lame ass answer like you didn't find anything. That would be unacceptable. It's me you are talking about man......
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun May 23, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Talk to me man...

treitz3 wrote:Alex, hook a brother up man.....hook a brother up. Dig deep, look hard and find me something bro'!

Please do not come back to me with some lame ass answer like you didn't find anything. That would be unacceptable. It's me you are talking about man......

Come on ALEX - this guy is cheap, but he is special ?
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun May 23, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Treitz3's concept CARVER powered truck stereo rig....Adv

I dono why you are begging him... IF he does find anything, it is still MINE :lol:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun May 23, 2010 7:15 pm

Yes, I know that.....but I know HE will actually look for it. :D

*snicker, snicker*
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed May 26, 2010 8:04 pm

So I take it you haven't had any luck? [-o<

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon May 31, 2010 10:47 am

Word of Warning....

http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/alpin ... nAodVzpLKQ

I would NOT recommend purchasing through this company as of today. I ordered this stuff a week ago and I received a confirmation order e-mail and nothing else. Everything else I ordered is already here, waiting to be installed. I e-mailed them back today demanding a shipment/tracking order# by no later than tomorrow Tuesday, June 1st.

I went ahead and took the liberty to find out some more information about this company and it turns out I may have made a mistake by using them. The company has many complaints with the BBB and many other reporting agencies. I will give them the benefit of the doubt FOR NOW but from what I read, I should have done a little bit more research before pulling the trigger.

Thank you-know-who for having to order through a credit card to purchase. At least that way, I'm covered but I will have to go through some unnecessary work in order to get this straightened out. ](*,) I should have known better. ](*,)

I may still get my shipment but I'm not holding my breath. I would advise NOT using this company for purchases whatsoever.

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon May 31, 2010 11:27 am

Tom, if you read their website, it says they SHIP within 7 days of order. If it's only been a week & this is a holiday weekend, you probably can't expect it until this coming week. UPS Ground is 3-7 days, unless you paid for faster shipping.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon May 31, 2010 11:39 am

Well, I am a glass half-full kinda guy and I have yet to be burned by a internet transaction but unless I receive an e-mail with a shipped status and a tracking number by tomorrow, I'll just order from another company. There are too many horror stories out there with this company for me to get all worked up over it. I'd rather just order the speakers from another company, install the system and deal with this order when the time comes.

Hell, worst case scenario? If they do end up sending me the speakers, I guess I'll start revamping my wife's ride. If they don't? I'll have the credit card company simply refund the dough, due to them not fulfilling their end of the contract/transaction. They can deal with this company how ever they see fit. I just don't want to deal with it. I have better things to do with my life.....

....like enjoy a nice mobile rig for the first time in 20 years! :-D

<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Mon May 31, 2010 11:57 am

Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Mon May 31, 2010 12:30 pm

Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.

and as the guy who has to install that glass, I'm the guy that hopes it will fit.... :-" :-" :-"

some company's just suck at letting us know that an item has shipped :x :x :x :x
call them....talk to a living person
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Mon May 31, 2010 1:00 pm

When looking for things I use these two places to check things out!

http://www.resellerratings.com/

http://www.epinions.com/
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:19 am

Hehe....get a load of this....

I wrote the company yesterday concerning the shipment of my speakers. This is what I wrote;

Guys, it seriously tales you a week to pack up and ship one order? Had I known this, I would have taken my business elsewhere. I will be expecting a shipment and a tracking # tomorrow at the latest. Come on now, get with the program here folks....

Everything else for the system I ordered the same day I ordered this. The rest of the system has been here since last Wednesday or Thursday. The system should have been installed already. Please let me know what's going on. If there will be further delays, let me know as I will most likely cancel my transaction and go with a company that can have it to me within a reasonable amount of time.

Thank you,
Tom Reitz

Their response....

"It can take time. Can you give it a few days? Thank you!"

=;

<<

lightman1

Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:48 pm

Hey Tom!! You still need help with the install????
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:34 pm

Yes Sir! As soon as I get all the speakers in, it's a go.

<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:40 pm

treitz3 I looked up this company on the site Eddie gave us, thanks for the link Eddie! Man, that sucks! Hope all works out for you.
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Car Audio