FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:33 pm

Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24

I'll just ask them.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:41 pm

George, you moved it last year with no issues from the management, right? I wouldn't say anything to them this year.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:56 pm

yep-- I was just trying to be PC publically,,, I'll just need some help turning it on its side and removing the legs so my guests may be more comfortable while listening. 8)
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:15 am

I'm gonna call them today,, anyone received e-mail confirmation regarding cabin reservations? I booked mine awhile back--just wondering?
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:01 am

I hope the weather co-operates,,say 60 degrees with frost in the mornings,,,eh,,somehow I don't think I'll get my wish.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Alright Ladies and Gentlemen, the time is drawing near. We have a little more than a month and a half and we will be in the mountains of North Carolina enjoying Carverfest 2010.

EVERYBODY, please pay attention:

If you plan on going and don't have a place to stay, let me know immediately.

If you have reserved a cabin, a down payment of half is due pretty much now. You are welcome to PIF if you wish. ALL payments must be made in full no later than two weeks prior to CF.

OO, have you found accommodations yet? Skip, I'm still trying to find you a roomie for Wednesday on. If we can't find one, I have plan "B" in mind. I'll fill you in on that later. WS 9 is now taken by Jerry and his soon to be wife and I'll update this thread later on this week.

Is there anybody else who is planning on coming that we need to find accommodations for?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:41 pm

treitz3 wrote:OO, have you found accommodations yet?

Paid for a Tree House a year ago. As it approaches, I think I might have more fun with Clemson Football. Are there TVs there?
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:53 pm

Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to update the treehouse availability as well. Yes, they have Directv or Dish Network. One of the two, I can't remember. Most of the cabins have a TV in every room and the LR/lofts. If it's a 2 or 3 story, there is a TV on every floor so I doubt you'll miss your games no matter where you are at.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:43 am

I'm there with the lovely Janice(my wife) in WS 1 for the duration--paid.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:17 pm

OK, everything is updated so far as far as I know.

WS6 may be rented as well. We'll find out in the next couple of days.

This is just a note for me so I don't forget.......mskbeam, RobertR may be renting WS6 along with possibly angelod307 and maybe even others.
Skip, if you see this, call me. My new # is 803-579-0607. RobertR, I did not list your number when you called as I had something else going on at the time. Call me when you get the chance. Thank you.

[EDIT:] WS6 has been put on hold for CF reservations for the entire time.

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:37 pm

CF attendees.......The normal checkout time is 11:00am for all cabins. You must be OUT of the cabin before that time or you risk getting stuck with another charge up to and including another day tacked onto your bill. #-o

Just a reminder here. IF [and I do mean IF] your cabin has not been rented for the day you leave, you can call the Cabin Offices the day before your checkout and confirm a late checkout time which if I'm not mistaken, is 1:00pm. There is no additional charge for a late checkout but don't for one second think that it's guaranteed. It is up to the Cabin Offices discretion and mostly depends on whether or not the cabin needs to be cleaned and set up quickly for the next tenants.

The ONLY way to get a late checkout is to call the cabins and request one in advance. A request still doesn't mean squat until the day before your checkout because they don't know if or when the cabin will be rented. :wink:

The same applies for an early check in....

<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:58 pm

So Tom what is the earlyest time we can check in for CF10? Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:34 pm

Normal time is 4:00pm but if you call the cabin office the day you are arriving, pretty much if the cabin is clean and ready? It's yours. Of course, it is up to their discretion and they won't know until most likely the day/night before but I have called before and gotten in around 12:30 or 1:00.

You can also request an early check in.....which I believe is 1:00pm [don't hold me to that] but the same conditions apply as a late checkout and it's completely at their discretion. If you are interested, just give them a call now for a request to check in early and be sure to confirm it's still OK the day before.

I'll be picking up Mike [mskbeam] from the Charlotte airport and making a B-line straight to CF.

<<

jerryj12

TFM-6cb

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:40 pm

Well for those who don't know, Niki and I will be getting married on Sept 5.
We will be celebrating our honeymoon at Carver Fest. :)
Anyone in the Atlanta area is welcome to come by for the festivities.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:45 pm

jerryj12 wrote:Well for those who don't know, Niki and I will be getting married on Sept 5.
We will be celebrating our honeymoon at Carver Fest. :)
Anyone in the Atlanta area is welcome to come by for the festivities.

CONGRATS NIKKI AND JERRY!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2010