FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:51 am

Cabin payment update thread...

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Re: Cabin payment update thread...

that would be great. keeping in mind tht my wife lisa would be with me as well. thanks.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:47 pm

angelod307 wrote:that would be great. keeping in mind tht my wife lisa would be with me as well. thanks.

Too bad. I was just about to PM you as it looks like my bride will not be going.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:15 pm

Only four cabins left. 3 Treehouses and WS5 which is a rather large cabin that sleeps about 20 and is quite expensive. If you plan on attending, let me know ASAP so that arrangements can be made. If we get enough people, we may switch from WS6 to WS5 if it is still available.

Skip, give me a jingle. I can't seem to get a hold of you lately. 803-579-0607
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:49 pm

angelod307 wrote:That would be great. Keep in mind that my wife Lisa would be with me as well.
That would be no problem at all. I have arranged for you and your wife to stay in WS6 with two of the other rooms within the cabin already rented for the entire time. All you have to do is confirm what dates you plan on attending and we'll make it happen for ya'. The total cost just off the top of my head should be around and about 70-90 dollars a night for the both of you and you will have your own private room.

If you want to find out more about this particular cabin, click this link...
http://www.watershedcabins.com/watershed_6.phtml

You planning on bringing any gear or music?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:24 pm

treitz3 wrote:Only four cabins left. 3 Treehouses and WS5 which is a rather large cabin that sleeps about 20 and is quite expensive. If you plan on attending, let me know ASAP so that arrangements can be made. If we get enough people, we may switch from WS6 to WS5 if it is still available.

Skip, give me a jingle. I can't seem to get a hold of you lately. 803-579-0607

Tom, I sent him an email as well to contact you~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:27 pm

Thanks. I see he was online yesterday because he made a post, but still no communication with Sasquatch. Probably out fishin' or some shit.

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:25 pm

so. i like. the wide thinks i may offend others if we share a room. so i will call and find out about a treehouse tomorow. i do not know about anybody else, but i stay up late watching tv, goofing on the net, and relaxing ion my bathrobe. from what i read, the treehouses are at 1000 for the entire stay. my wife would be with us on the weekends as she has to teach at the college here in our area. do all the room have the wifi? and if they do, i hope it is free....i will probably bring a sonic frontier sfl-1 hybrid preamp, a tfm 55 that has been in constant use since new, and if rolland has my other 55 restored by then, that also. i could also bring a 35, as it was made in japan, i wonder just how different if at all the voicing is between the two amps.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

TNRabbit

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:25 am

"the wide"

Freudian slip?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:49 am

Hi Tom, sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet. Some crazy stuff going on at work. I'll call tonight.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:18 am

angelod307 wrote:so. i like. the wide thinks i may offend others if we share a room. so i will call and find out about a treehouse tomorow. i do not know about anybody else, but i stay up late watching tv, goofing on the net, and relaxing ion my bathrobe. from what i read, the treehouses are at 1000 for the entire stay. my wife would be with us on the weekends as she has to teach at the college here in our area. do all the room have the wifi? and if they do, i hope it is free....i will probably bring a sonic frontier sfl-1 hybrid preamp, a tfm 55 that has been in constant use since new, and if rolland has my other 55 restored by then, that also. i could also bring a 35, as it was made in japan, i wonder just how different if at all the voicing is between the two amps.

You may want to re-think cabin-6....
I'm not sure if you saw this over in the Cabin Reservations thread or not, but it's pretty hard to miss.
viewtopic.php?f=141&t=10334&start=0

NO AUDIO SYSTEMS IN THE TREEHOUSES WHAT SO EVER !!! (unless we rent ALL 4 of them)

There was an issue where 2 guys almost got evicted last year due to TOO MUCH NOISE.
Stick with Cabin-6, trust me, you'll be happier in the end !!!!
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Robert R

TFM-35

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:43 am

angelod307,

What James said, and then some.

The Treehouses always strike me as kinda cramped, and besides - no music! Also, a lot longer walk from the action. All this explains why they are mostly treated with disinterest by experienced Fest-goers.

In cabin 6 you’d have a much more spacious feel, with the great room (full of audio goodies), plus sleeping quarters on a floor to yourself, with private bath, WiFi, and TV (Direct TV satellite), and a private porch. And you’d actually pay less. Only possible niggle is the shared kitchen, but it’s full size and modern, and most people eat dinners elsewhere anyhow, at the cabins where the big-time cooks operate – 11 and 12.

My only agenda at the Fest involves working with Bob Carver in voicing some Silver Amazings that are going to be biamped, using electronic crossovers. That will probably absorb a few hours only, tweaking some equalizers. The rest of the days will be just for listening and learning, fun and relaxation, all quite informal and spontaneous.

BTW, a lot of people at the Fest stay up late and sleep ‘til noon, especially the ones who are normally on Pacific Time.

RobertR
"You know what folks? I'm happy."
<<

kingman

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:44 am

Toy Maker wrote:
angelod307 wrote:so. i like. the wide thinks i may offend others if we share a room. so i will call and find out about a treehouse tomorow. i do not know about anybody else, but i stay up late watching tv, goofing on the net, and relaxing ion my bathrobe. from what i read, the treehouses are at 1000 for the entire stay. my wife would be with us on the weekends as she has to teach at the college here in our area. do all the room have the wifi? and if they do, i hope it is free....i will probably bring a sonic frontier sfl-1 hybrid preamp, a tfm 55 that has been in constant use since new, and if rolland has my other 55 restored by then, that also. i could also bring a 35, as it was made in japan, i wonder just how different if at all the voicing is between the two amps.

You may want to re-think cabin-6....
I'm not sure if you saw this over in the Cabin Reservations thread or not, but it's pretty hard to miss.
http://carveraudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 34&start=0

NO AUDIO SYSTEMS IN THE TREEHOUSES WHAT SO EVER !!! (unless we rent ALL 4 of them)

There was an issue where 2 guys almost got evicted last year due to TOO MUCH NOISE.
Stick with Cabin-6, trust me, you'll be happier in the end !!!!
....If he's just bring gear it's Kool....I didn't see any speakers in the list, but systems are a no-no in the trees....check with last years evictees!!! Thuffman and Beemers!!!!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:44 am

Take it from my and beemers417 experance.

NO AUDIO SYSTEMS in the TREE HOUSES!

They were not happy with us at all.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:46 am

thuffman03 wrote:Take it from my and beemers417 experance.

NO AUDIO SYSTEMS in the TREE HOUSES!

They were not happy with us at all.

Yeah, just check out his title "!! CarverFest Evictee !!"
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:25 pm

Did anyone happen to mention to him that there are no audio systems allowed in the Treehouses yet?

:D

PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2010