FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:33 pm

Meals at CF '10

<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:31 pm

Re: Meals at CF '10

I don't need any food. :rolleyes: All I need is beer, cigars and kick @ss stereo systems. :lol:
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:26 pm

I am gonna bring some MRE's
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:41 am

Ok, I have finally had the time to go over what is and what isn't concerning the food at Carverfest '10. It turns out that we aren't looking that bad after all. It won't be like in year's past but it sure beats no planning at all.

George/Janice - Will provide Wedding soup, Pasta and bread one evening.

Angelo - Will provide pizza [Friday] with maybe more [awaiting feedback] to come.

Toymaker/DaveS - Will be providing Lasagna meal one evening.

Frankie - Will be providing 4 bottles of wine.

Brian/Pat - Will be providing 2 turkeys [Saturday]

Brock - Will be providing either Chicken, steaks or a beef/pork brisket one evening.

Tom/Kim - Will be providing a pulled pork Shoulder w/ BBQ sauce one evening.

We also have 3 $100.00 donations from Russ, Mike and Don to help out with the sides or anything else we may have to provide. If you are coming, any and all donations are welcome to make this a grand time.

The only thing that's solid right now are the meals for Friday and Saturday nights. The other meals I would like to get figured out as to which dates they will be offered so that we don't have 3 meals planned for one night and none for another, if you catch my drift. I will try my best to organize a head count as to who all is going to be there on which days to bet a better feel on things, but I make no promises as I have "things" going on right now that may take precedence.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:54 pm

Well I will be arriving on the 15th. So anytime after that. Just let me know which day. Any idea of a headcount would be nice when you get it figured out.
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:22 pm

We are working on the official headcount....James should have it all simplified sometime soon. [In theory... :D ]
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:24 pm

I HIGHLY doubt "my soon" and "your soon", are not within the same time line by any means =;

tonight, if my eyes hold out long enough
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

AlexSauter

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:25 pm

treitz3 wrote:We are working on the official headcount....James should have it all simplified sometime soon. [In theory... :D ]

Don't hope for it or nag about it too much..... You all know what happened last time... ](*,) ](*,)
RIP BillD
BillD wrote:Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.

My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Modified Carver AL III+'s (Pushed into the corners to make room for the ALS speakers)
Modified CarverFest 2011 20w tube amplifier
Carver Pro PT-1800
Sunfire Prototype TGA-2375
Carver TX-2 Tuner (not used)
Logitech Squeezebox (replaced Tuner & dad's CD player)
CARVERaudio Directional RCA interconnects
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:29 pm

'Tis all good. We'll get it when we get it.

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:39 pm

yes a head count for friday would be great. it will help me to have the a correct amount of pizza. also, who has a propane fryer, like the ones you use for say a turkey. that would make french fries, wings and such fried things easy. i am gonna say that i will be in for atleast 200 worth of food, and will happy to supply whatever food i can at wholesale. beer/alchohol for that matter as well. napkins/cups/chips. and so on.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:47 pm

beer/alchohol for that matter as well.

thats the ticket.... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:24 am

angelod307 wrote:yes a head count for friday would be great. it will help me to have the a correct amount of pizza. also, who has a propane fryer, like the ones you use for say a turkey. that would make french fries, wings and such fried things easy. i am gonna say that i will be in for atleast 200 worth of food, and will happy to supply whatever food i can at wholesale. beer/alchohol for that matter as well. napkins/cups/chips. and so on.
First off, thank you for your contribution. That's fantastic!

Second, while I do not have a propane fryer, I do have a rotisserie cooker that can do a 23lb turkey in about 2 hours or so. We will plenty of grills available that are propane but no vat to fry things in. I do have a small electric fryer but it won't do this crowd justice. I can bring it but it will have to be for snack duty or small quantity items. I know, not much help there. The things we will have readily available are stoves [1 at each cabin], 2 or 3 grills at one location and 1 large rotisserie.

That said...napkins, paper towels, plates or anything that you would normally want at an outdoor picnic are always a welcome idea. I have some leftover plastic ware and bowls from last year's CF but it will most likely be exhausted by the time you arrive.

As for the beer/alcohol? Call me and we'll figure out the best plan of attack for that. The preliminary head count on Friday / Saturday should be approximately 35 people +-2.

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:51 am

Tom, don't forget the fire extinguisher for when you catch the deck on fire... :D
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:09 am

...and take the fun out of things? No way. :D

Ok, a bit of good news today. I was able to get a hold of Ray and he slid me the recipe for the famous Lobster Bisque we have all enjoyed at Carverfest over the years. I will be making a couple of batches and he is also planning on making some as well.

Things are looking up for food at this year's event. That said, folks that have not contributed anything.....please take note of just how many volunteers we have had that are stepping up to the plate. If you can contribute anything, please let me know ASAP, as CF is only two weeks away.

This can include [but not limited to] canned goods, toilet paper for the main host cabins, napkins, paper towels, ice, butter, bread Saran wrap, Ziplock bags [all sizes], aluminum foil or any of the staples you would normally need in a kitchen. Side dishes that will be able to feed between 15-15 people are what is needed most at this point. You don't have to purchase anything, just raid your pantry. Maybe bring a home made jar of jam or fresh veggies from your garden......every little bit helps.

A BIG shout out goes to those who have chimed in with offerings so far!!! Thank you.

<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:16 am

I got the turkey fryer if I can get DevilSpawn to dig it out of the pile in the car parking room. Turkey in 45 mins. Need gallons of peanut oil though. Somebody bring an extra propane tank maybe two people.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:24 am

Dave, the cabins will supply all the propane we want. I will call up and request to have additional tanks ready for us. If someone has a fryer basket that will work in the turkey fryer, we'll be golden. I don't think my basket will fit.

Between Angelo and myself, we have the peanut oil covered.

PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2010