FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:48 am

Questions for Bob @ CarverFest 2010

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:11 am

Re: Questions for Bob @ CarverFest 2010

angelod307 wrote:i would not buy cables for a few hundred just because i bought a high end piece for a few thousand. most people just feel, and yes i say feel better spending more as opposed to less for cabling with the though that it cost more, so it must be better.

Your viewpoint of why "most people" buy high end cable seems misinformed at best. Neither myself nor any of my audio friends have ever bought high end cable or audio gear with the, "it cost more, so it must be better", train of thought. We buy it because it sounds better and therefore makes the listening experience that much more enjoyable. I have tried cables that cost much more than my already pricey ones that didn't sound good in my rig. I didn't keep them because they cost more I can tell you that!

I've heard RdaioShack cables, they sound like crap and $400 Monstercable cables are not high end. In fact, to my ears they sound like crap too.

You have to trust your ears, not what some dimwit naysayer posted on the internet. Hell, don't trust what I've said either, try some for yourself. It's the only way to truly know.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:35 pm

I 2nd what F1 said! I too have tried a few cables and keep coming to the ones I use! I know there are now expensive ones out there but you have to try different ones to see how they work in your system! A good place to do that is at CF or PF!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:42 pm

okay...
2nd ???

what was the production numbers of the various items?.....
like the amazings, plats, silvers, the diffrent amps and preamps...etc....
not too the number, just a ball park figure.
IE: how many amazings sold the 1st year/ etc....
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:13 pm

Damn, dude....one question at a time. You loaded him and us up with about 3 years worth of research. ](*,)

If he answers all of them in one shot [especially the first one]? I'll give you my wife, free of charge.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

marantzfan

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Are you guys going to include the "Questions for Bob v. 2009" questions in the mix?
Sunfire Classic, Sunfire 300, Cambridge DACmagic, Technics SL-1210 M5G w. Benz Micro Silver, Carver Amazing Silver
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:15 am

marantzfan wrote:Are you guys going to include the "Questions for Bob v. 2009" questions in the mix?

We didn't do a 2009 QnA last year. But he wants to do one this year again.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

marantzfan

Newbie 50+

Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:11 pm

Toy Maker wrote:
marantzfan wrote:Are you guys going to include the "Questions for Bob v. 2009" questions in the mix?

We didn't do a 2009 QnA last year. But he wants to do one this year again.

Right, thats why I asked if you are going to include the unanswered questions from the thead last year.
Sunfire Classic, Sunfire 300, Cambridge DACmagic, Technics SL-1210 M5G w. Benz Micro Silver, Carver Amazing Silver
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:37 am

Toy Maker wrote:We didn't do a 2009 QnA last year. But he wants to do one this year again.

James.

Do you know what day this is going to happen.

Brian.
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:49 am

Brian, it will most likely happen on the second Friday or Saturday. Most attendees will be there at that point and we will have had time to gather all of the questions, as well as add some more that pop up through casual conversations at Carverfest.

Marantzfan, I don't recall any questions or any question thread from last year. If I don't find it, could you point me to where you saw it? I can always add them to the questions for this year. Thanks.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:26 am

treitz3 wrote:Brian, it will most likely happen on the second Friday or Saturday. Most attendees will be there at that point and we will have had time to gather all of the questions, as well as add some more that pop up through casual conversations at Carverfest.

That sounds like a plan, but I hope it's not Friday morning as we are of site. Tree zipping in the woods.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

marantzfan

Newbie 50+

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:26 am

treitz3 wrote:Brian, it will most likely happen on the second Friday or Saturday. Most attendees will be there at that point and we will have had time to gather all of the questions, as well as add some more that pop up through casual conversations at Carverfest.

Marantzfan, I don't recall any questions or any question thread from last year. If I don't find it, could you point me to where you saw it? I can always add them to the questions for this year. Thanks.

Here you go:

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=10251
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:32 am

Ah, thank you sir. Apparently I did not have enough coffee this morning. #-o

<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:41 pm

Hey marantzfan what Marantz stuff do you have?
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

marantzfan

Newbie 50+

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:06 pm

Eddie wrote:Hey marantzfan what Marantz stuff do you have?

As ironic as this is....None, now. :-"
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:43 am

ok. after reading a thread from richp, he states that the tfm55 does not have the transfer funtion of the silver amp. so why would a 55 have the tfm part in the name if that is not the case. so the question is, what was the tfm55 modeled after if anything other than itself.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2010