FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:18 am

Platinum and Silver model woofers

<<

clockdocto

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:05 pm

Re: Platinum and Silver model woofers

Ok, I have read thru this topic from page 10 to 14. Maybe I missed it, but has anyone actually purchased and received speakers from Dynavox in the last four months????? The web site shows no availability for any type driver.???? Now, if and I say if, no one has actually purchase a non-foam surround replacement from Dynavox, may I suggest you see my topic regarding replacements.
<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:42 pm

clockdocto wrote:Ok, I have read thru this topic from page 10 to 14. Maybe I missed it, but has anyone actually purchased and received speakers from Dynavox in the last four months????? The web site shows no availability for any type driver.???? Now, if and I say if, no one has actually purchase a non-foam surround replacement from Dynavox, may I suggest you see my topic regarding replacements.

Yep! I bought one from Orevox 3 weeks ago because my cat scratch one woofer that was just replaced and torn the surrounds. So, I had to get another one for that matter and out with $45. Orevox sells the complete woofers for both the older honeycomb type and the newer paper cone type. It's a direct replacement and easy as unscrew a few screws, unsolder the wires from the old woofer, install the new woofer, and solder the wires.
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:30 am

Does anyone have any thoughts on the woofers that are now on ebay? They are said to be replacements for amazing s or at least close. Just wondering if anyone knows about them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

Reese

TFM-75

Post Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:57 am

These don't look anything like the flat honeycomb (Originals) nor the cone-shaped later woofers (Platinums and upgrades) to me. Could they be replacements for the Sunfire/Carver sub-woofer cube?
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought -- JFK

Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp; 2 Carver Silver 7ts, 2 Silver 9ts; bi-amped ALS (Originals upgraded to Platinum), Rane PE15's eq's and Rane AC22 xcrossover; Carver c-19 tube pre;
Carver 390t CD carousel; Carver 490t CD player; BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer; C-9 SH; Sony ES tuner and DAT deck; Sony CD copier/burner; Sony dual cassette deck; TEAC 2340R 4 ch r to r tape deck; Dual CS5000 tt, Shure V15 Type V-MR cartridge
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:50 am

I don't think they'd be good for Amazings. IIRC, Bob had the woofers for Amazings especially designed with extremely low mass cones (gossamer thin is what I recall, so much so that he had to make a trip to the supplier to convince them it was what he wanted).
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:54 pm

He states what they were made for, "These were made by Eminence for BG to be used for IB." Therefore, I don't understand why he's trying to pass them off as being a replacement for the Amazing woofers. They most certainly are not.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:27 pm

Hey did anyone buy any plat woofers from Orevox for extras! I need one more to fix my plats! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:54 pm

Eddie,

Any progress on the replacement surrounds? [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

Breaking Glass

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:42 am

I contacted them and if you order 10 or more you get a discount. I think I am going to get 20. :D
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:37 pm

beemers417 wrote:Eddie,

Any progress on the replacement surrounds? [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Not yet Tom I have someone that can have them made in China but I was looking for someone here in the states! I gave the info to Robert R. and he is in China now and he is looking to find someone to have made over there and cutting out the middle man I have. I am waiting for him to get back to me but I have not heard from him in over a week or so! Don't worry I still have you in mind for a few sets! If you want give me a call and I'll tell you more! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:55 am

Question for everyone???

Any one ever get some WP-1220 woofers from Dynavox and found issues??? rattling noise or bad voice coils or loss Magnets???
Anything? If so how were they for replacements and has anyone had issues later down the road after getting them???

OR is everyone happy with there replacements???

Do Tell....
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:17 am

I bought 4 of them about 2-3 years ago.

Worked perfectly. No issues at all.

My .02
<<

gunner64

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:57 pm

Hello,
I just replaced all six original woofers in my silvers with WP-1220 Dynavox woofers with no issues.Seem to sound better the more I use them. I'm(so far) very happy with the replacements, and the speakers sound great once again.Ada Linn returned emails and answered questions quickly,And Shipped the next day.So far so good,And at this point I'd recommend Dynavox,and The WP-1220.The one small issue I had was that the screw holes on the replacements were just a little off from the originals.
<<

kwingylee

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:57 am

gunner64 wrote:Hello,
I just replaced all six original woofers in my silvers with WP-1220 Dynavox woofers with no issues.Seem to sound better the more I use them. I'm(so far) very happy with the replacements, and the speakers sound great once again.Ada Linn returned emails and answered questions quickly,And Shipped the next day.So far so good,And at this point I'd recommend Dynavox,and The WP-1220.The one small issue I had was that the screw holes on the replacements were just a little off from the originals.

Is Dynavox still in business? Are you guys telling me that these woofers are no longer available? I am about to pull the trigger on a used pair but if the woofers need surrounds and the surround are not available and there are no suitable replacement woofers, then in effect I may be buying a set of boat anchors.
<<

Planerguy

Newbie 50+

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:03 pm

Guys, if the surrounds never become available, and Dynavox is done with them - DON'T PANIC!
There is always a higher tech solution, and frankly superior to original. Just use good long throw woofers with low FS, bi-amp and actively equalize the system. See Linkwitz designs and his H dipole. Yes, it will require a few extra parts, but the results should be very satisfying to the ear, and not hurt the pocket too bad either.

Any news on surrounds?
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Speakers